A must read for 2lte/1kzte owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Hey all. I posted these in another part of the forum, but figured I should post them here too as this is where most of the 2lte/1kze owners go.

These documents are a must read for any 2lte owners. They explain in detail how the 2lte/1kze engines work, and how to troubleshoot them, as well as rebuild the injection pumps:

V 3 P5ZGR01.pdf

V 3 AAC02V3D.pdf

I feel like I know everything there is to know about my engine now... Gives me a better chance on making it last, and getting every last ounce of power and efficiency out of it.

Last edited:
Good score... Thanks

You're welcome! Glad you guys enjoy 'em as much as I do.

Hello!
I just recently bought a 1990 toyota Hilux Surf and stumbled across. Created an account just so I can ask for advice, as the links don't seem to be working for me

Hello!
I just recently bought a 1990 toyota Hilux Surf and stumbled across. Created an account just so I can ask for advice, as the links don't seem to be working for me

To the OP:

Can we please get the documents reposted?

I'll be happy to host them if people want.

Hey Guys,

I found those manuals shortly after I bought my Prado. I put links to those manuals up here, on the surf site and some other sites. I think whomever was hosting them (some Russian diesel mechanic company) noticed how many downloads there were and removed them from their website. Anyhow, I do have the pdf versions of them on my computer. So yes, Beno, if you can host them that would be great. Do you have a location I can upload them to? They are too big to email I think...

Some back ground on those manuals: They are Denso manuals that explain how the 2LTE/1KZTE injection systems work. They also explain how to service the injection pumps. They are not full 2LTE EFI Toyota manuals (which exist only in Japanese I think). However, if you couple these Denso injection pump manuals with the following Toyota manuals, you can do pretty much everything on these engines.

Here are a couple other manuals I found that are excellent for post 1990 L series engine owners:

These manuals cover the 2LTE perfectly except for the EFI system. All the mechanical is dead on though. These manuals are hard to find, and much better than the other manuals commonly available (like the old rocker head version of the 2L-T manual (pre 1990 engine)).

RM520E (Main for 2L, 3L & 5L engines)
forum.h4k.no/download/file.php?id=14135&sid=f426b91359e5825fb43df98b70107dfa
alternate:
Dropbox - 2L 3L 5L ENGINE RM520E.pdf

RM582E (Supplement for 2L, 2L-T, 3L and 5L engines)
forum.h4k.no/download/file.php?id=14134&sid=f426b91359e5825fb43df98b70107dfa
alternate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1joci2o0xtg6ujv/2L%2C2L-T%2C3L%2C5L ENGINE SUP. RM582E.pdf?dl=0

RM817E (Supplement for 5LE engine)
Dropbox - 5L-E ENGINE SUP. RM817E.pdf

Finally, I do have the manual for the 1990+ 70 series line up which includes the light duty trucks (Prado). It is RM183E (manual for Chassis & Body - RJ7x, PZJ7x, LJ7x, HZJ7x and FJ7x), and is not on the web anywhere. Again, this is on my computer, but Beno, if you could host it that would be excellent for 70 series owners!!

Links to the documents in the first post have been updated. Thanks beno for helping with this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom