A/c pull is not moving up so I can adjust it .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Nov 28, 2012
Threads
25
Messages
268
Location
Southeastern Kentucky
I have my old a/c belt off and I have the pulley bolt loosened but the pulley is not moving up so I can have slack to put the new belt on . How do you get the pulley to move ? I quick answer would be greatly appreciated. I’m working on it now . It’s a 1997 lx450 . Okay figured out I had to loosen the bolt running through the pulley . I’m so dumb . Next question how tight does the belt need to be ? How do I know I have it tight enough ?
 
Last edited:
Look at the FSM for torque spec. If you don’t have one you can download for free in the resources section.
 
The belt tension should be tight enough so that you still have about 1/2” deflection. I started with that and in my case, I had to tighten it a little more to eliminate belt squeal on startup
 
I have my old a/c belt off and I have the pulley bolt loosened but the pulley is not moving up so I can have slack to put the new belt on . How do you get the pulley to move ? I quick answer would be greatly appreciated. I’m working on it now . It’s a 1997 lx450 . Okay figured out I had to loosen the bolt running through the pulley . I’m so dumb . Next question how tight does the belt need to be ? How do I know I have it tight enough ?
There is an adjustment bolt that is about 5" long up from the bttom that adjusts the pulley up and down.

Then the pulley has a retaining bolt through the middle of it that must be loosened to allow it to move up and down.

You must keep it close to tight (snug, but loose enough to move) while turning the adjusting bolt. After you get the tension, then you tighten the middle though-bolt again.
 
Back
Top Bottom