A/C fj55100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj55-100

SILVER Star
Threads
Well i finally got the ac in my pig working . took the 100 v8 compressor and mated it to the stock 71 55 ac . used a condenser from ackits.com that fit in front of the stock radiator and bent up the lines .
This proved that i needed a fan shroud , at idle the high side pressures would go to 390 and higher , but when i put the shop fan on it it lowered to 310 and stayed . So i spent today making frankenshroud out of a bj70 one . which i hope will do the trick as i am out of real estate out front to put a electric one in .
I also plugged up all the holes in the floor and used some Ceramic imbeded paint they use on the space shuttle to controll some of the heat on the floor boards , then cut up a welding blanket for added insluation .
That leaves me with how to speed up my aneimic blower fan , I allready swaped a bj70 one in with a larger squirrle cage but i still want more !. i got some fan speeds off granger and wonder if i could just use a step up transformer .
all in all it is good and cold but still a work in progress

fj55-100

I would definitely be interested to hear how you get more out of your blower. Mine is pathetic and anemic and when it's 110 outside doesn't do a whole lot. Did the BJ70 fan help any?

--M

I put the whole box in as the fan was a larger diameter and pushed twice as much air as the stock 71 55 fan , but the motor was missing and replaced with a pep-boys motor , but it still works better than the stock .
I have another assy witha good motor but before i put it in i am looking at how to make it spin faster .

the vent assy, and the old pig blower next to the new one
ac resized 1.jpg
ac resized 2.jpg

you can kinda see the the vent installed
radio evans 3 resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom