99 uzj100 photo thread: 35's, 4.88, UCA's Icon shocks, bumpers, S/C, more

justdifferentials

Gear & Axle parts for ALL Toyotas new or old...
Supporting Vendor

100s in the Hills Ouray, CO 2014, photo by Paul Gardner

This is a build that we did a few years back at Just Differentials using many parts from Nitro Gear and Just Differentials. This is the only vehicle in the Nitro /Justdifferentials fleet that was around since the beginning. Its been the platform for all types of new products from gears, suspension, etc. Its also daily driven and sees 20K annual road miles along with numerous trips around the northwest, Moab, Colorado, and more. Really a Do-All vehicle.

JTs Super Deluxe Suspension System Click link:
Which includes:
-JTs longer travel ball joint style Upper Control Arms
-Old Man Emu Coil springs & Torsion Bars
-ICON 2.5” Remote Reservoir Shocks
-Diff Drop
-Billet Icon Rear lower Trailing arms
-Timbren Front and Rear Bumpstops
-12mm BodyLift

Slee Skidplates and bellypan:
Custom 8” ifs & 9.5” rear diffs by Just Differentials:
-Nitro Gear 4.88 Ring & Pinions, Solid Preload Spacers
-Front ARB Air Locker
-ARB Compressor
-Rear OEM Electric Locker
-ARB Inflation Kit

Additional upgrades:
-TRD Supercharger w/ Unichip ECU
-Doug Thorley Headers
-IPF Lights
-ARB Fridge & Drawer
-WagonGear Tailgate storage
-Slee Winch Bumper
-Milemarker 12k winch
-Slee Rear bumper
-Dual Batteries
-Factor 55 prolink

We installed our Super Deluxe Suspension System with ICON 2.5" Remote Res shocks and Uniball UCAs on this build:

You can see the difference between our UCA and the stock UCA here:
(note, the new version now uses a ball joint!)

We went with 2.5" ICON remote reservoir CDC shocks, which we developed with Icon to use in our Super Deluxe kits with longer travel UCA's

Prototype Ball Joint Style Upper Control arms, specifically designed to work with Extended Icon shocks for maximum travel and ride quality

Optional ICON Vehicle Dynamics Billet lower rear control arms with our suspension system:

Even though the 4.88's do the trick to re-gear the LC for 35's, we wanted a to have a little more power. Enter a 10 injector TRD Supercharger from an 04 tundra, and a Unichip ECU:

Last edited:

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

TRD Supercharger with Unichip ECU

TRD Supercharger with Unichip ECU
uzj100 4.7 supercharger.jpg
img045.jpg
king & skid uzj100 front.jpg

Question: If I buy gears and install kits and arb lockers and you ship them to me and I get the gears and bearings cryoed what would it cost to have you install all of that in my diffs if I shipped them to you?

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

diffs

PM'd you, but you can also easily reach us by email or phone as well.

Question: If I buy gears and install kits and arb lockers and you ship them to me and I get the gears and bearings cryoed what would it cost to have you install all of that in my diffs if I shipped them to you?

Amazing setup. For some reason I'm missing the link to the ASFIR HD Aluminum Skid plates for sale.

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Currently 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers in the photos. 275/70/18 studded in winter, have run 315/75/16 in past.

What size 35's are those? Are they on 18" rims?

The supercharger is a tundra supercharger with a unichip ECU right? I was searching but could not find the answer

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

Gobi Rack install

Finally added a rack to the 100. I went with the Gobi rack. I really love these facts:
-Low profile (no higher than oe rack and thule snowboard carrier)
-Sunroof remains fully functional via quick release panel, actually runs as quiet as stock if not quieter because of the included wind fairing
-Pre-wired for lights
-Strong, can support plenty of weight, RTT, etc (200 lb shop guy in pic)
-Direct bolt on to OE mounts
-Lightweight, no noticable body roll, etc

GOBIGLC100STL GOBI LANDCRUSIER 100 Stealth Rack (MUST SPECIFY, SUNROOF OR NOT) PRICE INCL TRUCK SHIPPING TO US48 $1499

-SUNROOF INSERT FOR ABOVE $179.95
-AXE/SHOVEL ATTACHMENT $149.95
-HILIFT ATTACHMENT $149.95
Gobi Rack Landcruiser 100.jpg
Gobi Rack Landcruiser 100 2.jpg

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

3.12:1 Low Range Crawler gears for 80 & 100 Transfer Case

Also added before Cruise Moab this year:

These gears replace your stock 2.488:1 low range ratio with a 3.116:1 ratio! The end result is a 25% gear reduction for your FJ80, FZJ80, or 100-series Toyota Land Cruiser, which combined with your automatic transmission's torque converter, results in almost a 75% total reduction for awesome Rock Crawling No replacement bearings, seals, or gaskets required. Installation is simple to accomplish using standard hand tools, shop press, bearing splitter, and grinder. Requires silicone, thread sealant, and replacement gear oil. Your automatic transmission fluid does not need to be changed
Made in Japan, OE Quality. Fits all 80, 100, 105 series Landcruisers.

• [FONT=&quot]1 - Differential Low Speed Gear[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 - Idler Low Speed Gear[/FONT]
We just installed these in our 100 series before Moab last week. Results are excellent. No change is made to high range, but the heavy Landcruisers really benefit from the lower-low range.
Retail $799 for the set.
2012-04-17_15-28-06_810.jpg
2012-04-17_13-33-57_878.jpg
2012-04-17_13-34-32_888.jpg

Last edited:

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

Viscous Coupler Land Cruiser 100 series mod

Mine's a 99 so with the 4 speed Auto, it pulls very hard on the 2-1 downshift if you stomp the throttle at say 10mph. This would cause some torque steer and have a tendency to burn off 1 front tire in loose or snowy/icy conditions. I noticed it pulled much straighter with CDL engaged. I installed the back half of an FZJ80 Transfer case to get the viscous coupler. All a direct fit, just had to shorten the driveshaft 3". Results are much nicer overall tighter feel, more controlled acceleration, much better traction in unlocked high range in snow.

IMG_20130405_122042_740.jpg

IMG_20130405_122107_005.jpg

IMG_20130405_122057_812.jpg

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

More shock options! Our friends at Icon Vehicle Dynamics contacted us to help develop some shocks that are specifically made to fit with our super deluxe kits. We recently fitted these and have experienced great results. Now available.
We also added the icon billet adjustable lower rear control arms. Build your own kit here: http://www.justdifferentials.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=JTOTLC100-SUPDLX

ForumRunner_20140217_203537.jpg

ForumRunner_20140217_203605.jpg

ForumRunner_20140217_203537.jpg

ForumRunner_20140217_203605.jpg

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

Photos by Paul Gardner at 100s in the hills
A few more pics, no rubbing!

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

NOW AVAILABLE - BALL JOINT STYLE UCA'S FOR 100 SERIES (ALLOWS EXTENDED SHOCKS FOR LONGER TRAVEL)
Follow this link to purchase as full kit form. Several options listed. We also offer everything seperately:
http://www.justdifferentials.com/JTOTLC100-SUPDLX-D-p/jtotlc100-supdlx.htm

The uniball type were very good, there was a general perception that they required maintenance, and that the 100 series crowd being more into oem like components. For this reason, we redesigned them to use a ball joint. I've run the prototypes for 3 years with no servicing, other than normal preventative grease,as the upper bushings and the ball joints are greasable.

short-comings of OEM 100 Series IFS:
In 1998 Toyota released the all new 100 series Land Cruiser to replace its solid axle 80 series models. While providing a much smoother ride and better handling on the road, the IFS proved to be very limited in suspension travel. Most lift kits for the IFS setup simply raise the front end by means of adjusting/replacing the torsion bars which actually reduces overall down-travel. This is the result of aftermarket suspension kits only utilizing stock length shocks.

Driving over rough roads and potholes compounds this problem as the pre-loaded suspension, with fully extend shocks, has no more room for shock travel resulting in poor ride quality and premature shock failure. The only way to improve suspension travel is to run longer than stock shocks. The factory upper control arms also become a limiter as they will contact the shock body if using longer shocks. With a raised suspension height, the OEM upper ball-joint is forced to operate at an extreme angle and wider tires many times will not clear the factory upper control arms. The OEM ball-joint also has a potential to separate if a stock length shock were to break, leading to catastrophic failure of suspension, steering, and CV axle. Also, The OEM upper Ball joint is not sold separately so you must buy the whole arms, which cost more than the pair of heavy duty extended travel Ball-joint type arms available here. As an added benefit our arms accept the Tundra type ball joint (as they are more common), they can be replaced with joints available at nearly any auto part store.

The Solution:
- To solve the extreme ball joint angle of the stock arms the ball-joint cup is clocked to run level on vehicles with 2-3" additional ride height.
- With the proper shock setup, this allows up to 50% increase in down travel over suspension kits that use stock length shocks.
- The arms are 100% BOLT-ON and fit in the stock tapered ball-joint location in spindle. That's right no drilling, no welding, no tapping. Arms allow for proper alignment.
- They are also fully serviceable, as the bushings and ball-joints can easily be replaced. The ball joints and upper bushings include zerk fittings for quiet squeak-free operation.
- Made in USA, TIG Welded, Chromoly DOM tubing for strength versus the flimsy OEM stamped steel arms.
- This design allows for a lower profile, thus providing additional clearance for larger tires, and/or larger/ longer shocks.
- NEW!! The arms utilize a sealed 2007+ Tundra type upper ball joint, making the replacecements readily available at regular auto part stores.

Last edited:

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

FYI, the rear shocks are also extended length. We get asked a lot. They are as long as possible, while still keeping the coil captive. This pic is not quite at full flex.

Nitro_lc100_ouray_2_med.jpg

justdifferentials

Supporting Vendor

Last edited:
Top Bottom