'97 - replaced antenna, now won't go down all the way... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
I went through as many antenna replacement threads as I could find, but not finding one that addresses an antenna that won't go down all the way, after replacing the plastic piece (with teeth).

I made sure the antenna motor was extended all the way up, and tried to feed the new plastic piece with teeth into the motor, had my daughter press the "lower" antenna button and it grabs it but it doesn't retract all the way. I don't think re-extending and "clipping the plastic line a little shorter" is the real answer. It seems like if there was a way for me to push it in a bit further, I'd be fine, but I can't seem to push it in any further.

Wanted to check to see if anyone had any tips?

Thanks!

Someone who actually knows can chime in but I *think* it's supposed to be that way. Does it retract fully when you take the key out of the ignition? Mine was kind of like that when I had the power antenna, but it was random and intermittent and annoying so I finally got rid of the whole thing.

:lol:

Sorry, folks, nevermind -- as I said, I lowered the mast using the button and it didn't go all the way down. HOWEVER, when I turned the radio off, it fully contracted and is flush now. Looks like I'm all set! Sorry for the false alarm. ;)

ha. i had the exact same thing happen to me. the hardest part of the hole thing was getting the shouldered threaded insert out.

Remember, bananas come in different sizes and we all have a different level of expertise in peeling them :banana:

It's supposed to stay up a little if the radio is on and you manually lowered the antenna down. It does this to have "some" reception because the radio is on. Shut the radio off and the antenna will go all the way down flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom