97 headliner question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 80 series and have read that they are a two piece molded unit . Are these two piece units just as hard to remove as the older headliners I have read about?

e9999 should be able to answer this.

Yep, read thread(s) started by e9999 in the 80 section with headliner as a keyword. Or look for his threads on removing the factory roof rack.
-B-

I did the search but it did not say much about the difference in the two piece units. I am guessing it is easier to handle since it is two pieces just wanted someone to clarify the difference.

Huh? Two piece? I just had mine out a few week ago. One big molded piece. Wasn't that difficult, just a lot of work removing all of the trim pieces and all 23 grab handles :rolleyes:. It was actually lighter to handle than I expected.

my 97 was a one piece unit that covers the whole roof interior. Yes, it's very light, very thin, very expensive, and very easy to damage when moving it, so easy to make into a 2 pieces unit.... :eek:

Ok thanks I guess the FAQ is wrong . If you look under differences between 95 and 96&97 LC's you will see were it has
(headliner changed to two piece molded unit).
Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom