97 Collector's Edition

MoJ

Proven source of misinformation
] An advanced 24-valve, 4.5-litre six-cylinder petrol engine, 1FZ-FE was introduced. Larger brakes were added and the total wheelbase was made slightly longer.

no...

"Larger brakes were added and the total wheelbase was made slightly longer". This quote is false. Mechanically, all 80's sent to the US were the same after 95. 91-92 didn't have ABS, no full floater option, 93-94 had a mix of ABS, 95 + all had ABS and of course the full floater axle. With the full floater and ABS your got rear disks. Collectors Edition trucks had some extra bling and badging, Same with the 40th edition trucks. Although 40th edition truck had auto climate control. Never heard of a "slightly longer wheelbase" 80 imported into the US by Toyota:doh:
Oh, and BTW the 1FZ-FE was not introduced in 1997 for this truck, that engine has been around since 1993.
Bottom line, nothing special about a "collectors Edition" 80 other than the bling. That is unless the owner added after market items.

Was there not a difference between Anniversary Editions and Collector? I thought they were two different editions.

Yes. The 40th ONLY came in sage and emerald green with two tone seats. The CEs had the same door mouldings, wheels, auto climate control, but came in any color and only had the typical mono tone seats. Either way both models where mainly sales gimics. However, the 40th's regardless what many have to say are unique in that it commemorates 40 years of Toyota being in the USA, CEs have nothing collectable about them.

You are forgetting about the highly collectible "expedition jacket" that came with them.

:)

:lol::lol: Yeah I guess I did. Did they not also have some type of cargo bag or luggage also?

It would be interesting to see if any owner still has those items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom