95 4runner 4bd2t or 4bd1t swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before i start the part collection i wanted to ask the general population their thoughts on this? Has anyone done this before and if so what did they do when it came to the tranny? my goal was to use my current tranny thats bolted to the 3.0 thats in it. my goal is to do a lift a well as a body lift to avoid having to do a SAS.

also anyone with parts looking to sell please contact me. i have a 4bd2t lined up for 2200$

I haven't heard of anyone doing this and was curious about this as well. I have a 91 that I want to plan for.

the engine is not light. i think too heavy for such a small rig.

That is certainly a lot of engine to put into a 4 Runner.... I think it would be absolutely silly to try and do this without a SAS as well. I wouldn't do it on a mini truck but good luck if you try!

That is certainly a lot of engine to put into a 4 Runner.... I think it would be absolutely silly to try and do this without a SAS as well. I wouldn't do it on a mini truck but good luck if you try!

the engine is not light. i think too heavy for such a small rig.

youtube this video..... this is what got me interested
"toyota pickup 4bd1t"

I have a 4BD1T going into my '93 Landcruiser. I don't see how that engine would fit into my '84 pickup without a lot of sheet metal work. It's a big 4 cylinder engine going where a small 4 cylinder or v-6 used to reside. It's also a heavy engine, about 750 lbs just for the engine alone.

I think a Mercedes 5 cylinder would be a better candidate. I have one of those sitting on my shop floor as well and it's a whole lot lighter and maybe 1 inch longer than the 4BD1T. The extra cylinder would also make it run a little smoother by increasing the number of combustion cycles per rotation. More importantly, you can adapt your toy tranny to the Mercedes. I don't know of any options for putting a toy tranny behind the Isuzu.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom