'93 bogs on incline (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd pull the spark plugs and have a look at some point. If you're pumping enough raw gas through one or more cylinders to smell it like that from exhaust, then the plugs are going to be very different looking after a year of use like this (what's up with THAT?).

If the gas smell is from up front under the engine bay, you've got a very dangerous situation going on. If it's a California truck, check the vacuum lines around the charcoal canister behind the battery. Also, check the fuel and vacuum lines on the fuel pressure regulator (front top of fuel rail). An underhood fuel leak shouldn't be hard to find. It comes into the engine bay from under the driver's seat area, goes up to the fuel filter and then into the fuel rail at it's rear terminus. Excess fuel comes out a line from the front of the fuel rail and goes back under the driver's seat area. So, it's got to be there (easy to check with a flashlight), or the charcoal canister for a raw fuel smell.

To troubleshoot this, we need definitive information on whether the raw gas smell is coming from the tailpipe, or the engine bay. And keep a fire extinguisher handy..

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
If it's a California truck, check the vacuum lines around the charcoal canister behind the battery.

I believe all 80s are 50-state and all have charcoal canisters.

-B-

Beo,

I *think* the 93/94 were not 50 state, then the OBDII changes in 95 made them all 50 state. Mine's a CA emissions 93 so I can't compare.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom