92 FJ80 reverse lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so I am working on a pretty much unmolested machine

with everything in the reverse light system hooked up i have no reverse lights at new and verified continuity bulbs,and the red lighted square around the R in the dash is out like a burned out bulb.

I believe my Natural start switch on my 440f trany is sending the right signal because all the other indicator lights function as designed. AND when I disconnect the harness at the drivers side rear panel it will then have the red square around the R lit up fine as well.

I tested for continuity from the rear drivers side panel connector to frame ground and got a good continuity.

I tested the hot wire to ground and only got 6 volts when tested to a inner bolt head and 4.2 volts when I tested feed and ground through the connector.

Why only 6 volts?

one interesting side observation was with everything assembled but with bulbs removed the red dash square was brightly lit, put a bulb back in a socket and the red square dims.

I am using s FSM as well as a ESM, trying to eliminate the simple before going into any expensive switch, Can any of the community offer guidance?

I believe the ground exits the drivers side rear and grounds out to the frame dose someone know for the location under the rear of the vehicle?

It's cold now in Alaska and any less time you save me laying in the snow under the rig would be greatly appreciated.:)

well the spare was dropped and the ground connection was sanded clean and reassembled, whop whop

now to test for continuity from front kick panel to rear . and cleanup ground spot in front kick panel.

so looking at EFM it would seem as if all the power passes through the (backup light switch/nuteral safety switch) that is on the side of the tranny to power the rear lights.

Anyway break is over and it cold but oh so beautiful outside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom