90 Series back door glass seal questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm getting deep into the parts buying phase for the work on my little Prado rescue and I'm stumped with regard to the back door window glass. I did find a couple of non-Toyota manual pages ... in Russian... that seem to cover it and suggest there is something going on very complicated with the window seal. But I don't read Russian and I can't seem to find an actual Toyota FSM for my 1998 90 Series SWB.

Here are the two pages of the Russian service manual:
Russian FSM back door.jpg

1678708660749.png

But when I look at the ToyoDIY diagram it looks pretty simple:
toyota-7557360010-1566148129737-big.jpg

What I want to understand how complicated it is to remove the back window and replace with a new seal. The guys are working on the body of my little prado and I'd prefer to do a complete strip down, with all glass removed.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!

13. Connect to connector
14. (Models with auxiliary brake light) Install the auxiliary brake light
15. Install the top trim and rear door pillar trims

надеюсь, это поможет = Hope that helps

SO I just dealt with this during the restoration process. The rubber is actually connected to the glass. My glass vendor had to make an exterior gasket out of generic weather stripping. Pic shows the "after." If you look really close there is a small gap at each corner but it was the best they could do.

IMG_2784.jpeg

SO I just dealt with this during the restoration process. The rubber is actually connected to the glass. My glass vendor had to make an exterior gasket out of generic weather stripping. Pic shows the "after." If you look really close there is a small gap at each corner but it was the best they could do.

View attachment 3338594
Thank you. We are just about ready to put the little prado back together now that I have managed to find the unobtainium rear side skirts that allow us to delete the rest of the side plastic
1685746888370.png

This is the look we are going for
1685746905706.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom