'88 FJ62 Rear Wiper Relay "Clicking"/Wiper not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The way I read this diagram is that the ground buses a and c are for the washer motor. The wiper motor is seen as being grounded locally (probably to the metal structure of the rear hatch). Since the wiper motor is not working, I don't think chasing down the grounds for the washer motor will help the situation.

View attachment 2769544
Yes, the motor is grounded in the hatch. That's definitely not the issue as I cleaned all of that up when I transplanted everything from my old lift gate to the"new one." I don't see it in your diagram, but there is definitely a rear wiper relay (OEM) on my truck, in the rear-most d/s cargo hold (see the pic I posted above). The relay is the source of the "clicking". It's audible and distinct. There's either a ground issue, or a switch issue between the relay and the dash spaghetti (sorry, I road Ducatis for years :hillbilly:). It's probably in the the connector that @diesellibrarian pictured above. But, I'll check everything in between the relay and the connector just to be sure that I didn't screw up a wire when I put everything back together. I've just to find the time, now, to do this... ugh. Otherwise, at least she's running like a champ.

I had the same issue in my 1984 pickup - turns out the issue was simply a broken solder joint on the board inside that green box (can easily open by gently prying). In my case I managed to really destroy the board, and ended up designing a replacement circuit - maybe helpful to you or to others searching this thread.

Last edited:
I had the same issue in my 1984 pickup - turns out the issue was simply a broken solder joint on the board inside that green box (can easily open by gently prying). In my case I managed to really destroy the board, and ended up designing a replacement circuit - maybe helpful to you or to others searching this thread.

Thank you very much for this @deaven !

I took my replay out and opened it up (only a visual inspection). It looked ok, as in nothing obvious broken. BUT, I need to check that it's getting the proper voltage, and also really give it a cleaning and once over.

This is on my list of little fall projects. Hopefully, I will get around to it this month, and will report back when I (hopefully) get it sorted out.

Take it easy.

Thank you very much for this @deaven !

I took my replay out and opened it up (only a visual inspection). It looked ok, as in nothing obvious broken. BUT, I need to check that it's getting the proper voltage, and also really give it a cleaning and once over.

This is on my list of little fall projects. Hopefully, I will get around to it this month, and will report back when I (hopefully) get it sorted out.

Take it easy.

How did that 'replay' look?

Man, thanks for checking in. It's still on my to-do list. When I get it figured out, or when I hit the wall, I'll post up. That fall is already getting away from me. I'm just glad my truck is running well :)

More soon, I hope.

Take it easy.

Lol! I'm just getting to this now. Time flies and I haven't even thought about my rear wiper... until this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom