88' FJ62 - Brake upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

coloradobrown

100 series, 80 series, '82 FJ40, now an '88 FJ62
Threads
I have a 1988 FJ62 w/4-wheel disc brakes. Any suggestions on an upgrade for better stopping power? I full steel front bumper, full steel rear bumper with tire carrier and gas can(s) carrier, plus both sides have front to back rock sliders for protection. All has added extra weight, so just trying to get ideas on braking upgrade possibilities if anyone knows of any.

Thanks much!
Brian

fj62.jpg

a dual diaphragm 80 series booster is always a good upgrade, on my 70 series cruiser I still run the stock single diaphragm booster (same as a 60 series) but run the front brake circuit through an additional Aussie PBR VH40 remote booster it gives the front brake circuit up to 4x the line pressure so braking is quite effortless you only need to touch the brake pedal and not stand on it with both feet :)

a dual diaphragm 80 series booster is always a good upgrade, on my 70 series cruiser I still run the stock single diaphragm booster (same as a 60 series) but run the front brake circuit through an additional Aussie PBR VH40 remote booster it gives the front brake circuit up to 4x the line pressure so braking is quite effortless you only need to touch the brake pedal and not stand on it with both feet :)

Thank you! I've owned an FJ40, FJ80, 100 series, and this 4th LC is my first 60 series. Love em!

I have a 1988 FJ62 w/4-wheel disc brakes. Any suggestions on an upgrade for better stopping power? I full steel front bumper, full steel rear bumper with tire carrier and gas can(s) carrier, plus both sides have front to back rock sliders for protection. All has added extra weight, so just trying to get ideas on braking upgrade possibilities if anyone knows of any.

Thanks much!
Brian

View attachment 1346047
Hello ,
What size are your wheels and tires. They look very cool .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom