87 Fj60 idler pully with good bearings to replace air pump. Specification and source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are the specifications and a suggestion for a good source.

I think the first one was from TLC it didn't last very long at all. The next one was installed by ACC in ATL and it lasted a lot longer but now is a little loose and needs replacing.

I think the problem is they don't use good deep groove sealed bearings.

I need the specs to give to my mechanic. My circumstanced (full time RVer) do not allow me to do my own work.

I'm going on my third idler. I'm only getting about 25 or 50K miles per pully which is unsatisfactory to me.

Belt might be too tight. That’s the number one cause of premature bearing failure. My smog pump idler pulley went 200,000 miles and was still fine. It just used standard off-the-shelf Japanese single row sealed bearings. Nothing exotic.
The bearings in your worn pulley should be easy to press out and replace. The bearing brand and part number will be stamped on it. Buy replacements (Japanese) and install.

Belt might be too tight. That’s the number one cause of premature bearing failure. My smog pump idler pulley went 200,000 miles and was still fine. It just used standard off-the-shelf Japanese single row sealed bearings. Nothing exotic.
The bearings in your worn pulley should be easy to press out and replace. The bearing brand and part number will be stamped on it. Buy replacements (Japanese) and install.
I'll make sure the tensions are correct all the way around.

None of the smog pump delete pulley's you used have a replaceable bearing?

The V-belt pulleys Jim C uses with the built-in bearing are available from McMaster Carr. You'll have to measure the existing one. I think they're called 'Fenner Drives' and there should be a part # on it.

And you're right, they're probably using cheap CCP bearings.

What are the specifications and a suggestion for a good source.

I think the first one was from TLC it didn't last very long at all. The next one was installed by ACC in ATL and it lasted a lot longer but now is a little loose and needs replacing.

I think the problem is they don't use good deep groove sealed bearings.

I need the specs to give to my mechanic. My circumstanced (full time RVer) do not allow me to do my own work.

I'm going on my third idler. I'm only getting about 25 or 50K miles per pully which is unsatisfactory to me.
I'll make sure the tensions are correct all the way around.

this is the IDLER pully

the air pump would be a tensioner pully there
ALFRED the TEq WHITE ......:rolleyes:

download (52)1.jpg

download_20_2048x.jpg

1682657379820.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom