80 series tool kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello mudders,
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a 80 series tool kit. Over the past 6 years I have been piecing a "cover everything" kit together and this morning it occurred to me that it would have been nice to have had one already done. On the other had tools are one of those personal preference items that folks tend to take a certain amount of pride in. Just wondering:hmm:
Cheers,
Scot

Care to share what's in your kit??

Some have tried in the past. I don't believe there was as much interest as anticipated.

Just got an ammo can full of stuff that has gotten me out of trouble a couple of times off road. If it is on the road, my tool kit is AAA Club...:cheers:

Last edited:
Care to share what's in your kit??
My kit has the following:
8-17mm box wrenches; 10, 12, 14, 17mm ratcheting wrenches; 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6mm Hex keys, 9-17 3/8 sockets; 54mm socket, small and large dikes; long 45 degree needle nose pliers, channel lock pliers, duck bill snap-ring pliers, phillips and flathead screwdrivers, hacksaw, small hammer, chisel, 15 and 17mm flare nut wrenches, crescent wrench, 6" 3/8 ratchet, 24" 1/2 extendable ratchet, 6" ratchet extension, electrical tape, teflon tape, duct tape, rescue tape, 14 gauge wire, quick steel epoxy, box cutter, latex gloves, mechanic gloves, zip ties, LED work light, and an assortment of hose clamps and spare 10, 12, and 14mm bolts.

I'm sure there are things that couldn't be accomplished with this kit. However, it has worked well for me and gotten several other vehicles back on the road in fairly remote locations.

I ventured down this path. All 80 specific. I wanted good tools and a bag/roll. I started from scratch using SK Tools. It easily tops $1300 and that's without wiring tools.

True you could easily run into the thousands. I was thinking more of a basic kit as people tend to have different views on what a necessity is.

My kit has the following:
8-17mm box wrenches; 10, 12, 14, 17mm ratcheting wrenches; 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6mm Hex keys, 9-17 3/8 sockets; 54mm socket, small and large dikes; long 45 degree needle nose pliers, channel lock pliers, duck bill snap-ring pliers, phillips and flathead screwdrivers, hacksaw, small hammer, chisel, 15 and 17mm flare nut wrenches, crescent wrench, 6" 3/8 ratchet, 24" 1/2 extendable ratchet, 6" ratchet extension, electrical tape, teflon tape, duct tape, rescue tape, 14 gauge wire, quick steel epoxy, box cutter, latex gloves, mechanic gloves, zip ties, LED work light, and an assortment of hose clamps and spare 10, 12, and 14mm bolts.

I'm sure there are things that couldn't be accomplished with this kit. However, it has worked well for me and gotten several other vehicles back on the road in fairly remote locations.

What is Rescue Tape??

Rescue tape is a rubber tape that adheres to itself. In the past I have had success using it to repair low pressure power steering hoses. It can work on coolant hoses, but only as a mediocre short term solution (as in there will still be seepage). I buy it in white so it is easier to monitor leakage.

Rescue tape is a rubber tape that adheres to itself. In the past I have had success using it to repair low pressure power steering hoses. It can work on coolant hoses, but only as a mediocre short term solution (as in there will still be seepage). I buy it in white so it is easier to monitor leakage.
Yup, handy stuff for sure when in a pinch. Not a solution, but the couple times Ive seen it used got us to our destination and home again.

I ventured down this path. All 80 specific. I wanted good tools and a bag/roll. I started from scratch using SK Tools. It easily tops $1300 and that's without wiring tools.
See, I don't see the point in buying high dollar tools just to tote around for "just in case" situations. That's just me though.

Understood. My tools in the truck are for if I break, which isn't often enough to wear out cheapies. I'm not talkin HF cheap. Lol

Understood. My tools in the truck are for if I break, which isn't often enough to wear out cheapies. I'm not talkin HF cheap. Lol

I've found that I fix other people's truck more than my own. When mine breaks down it seems to be something I don't have a spare for (fuel injector). Who carries a spare fuel injector?

But those tools are for more than fixing my truck.

I unintentionally carried a full set of injectors back there for about 2 years. Lol

But yeah, it's nice to have just what someone else in need...needs.

I thought you were dating?
han-solo-who-me.jpg

Who me? Nope. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom