80-Series Swap Engine from 3F to 1VD-FTV (1 Viewer)

I have Land Cruiser 1991 80-Series, my project plan is to Swap the Engine from (3F) to 1VD-FTV Single Turbo V8 4.5 Diesel so I would like to take your advice in this setup

FYI. I have 5 speed manual transmission

Is there any swap kit for my project

It's really strange! as I search a lot and couldn't find any related information, no one did this swap engine (1VD-FTV) for the 80-Series !!! ??? :confused:

looking for your feedback and advice with thanks

Ahmed

My 80S.jpg

My 80-S.jpg

If you can't find info anywhere online, it may be the first or within the first few times it would be attempted. Be ready to reinvent the wheel and solve all problems yourself with possibly a touch of help of some members.

I wish you luck.

I have Land Cruiser 1991 80-Series, my project plan is to Swap the Engine from (3F) to 1VD-FTV Single Turbo V8 4.5 Diesel so I would like to take your advice in this setup

FYI. I have 5 speed manual transmission

Is there any swap kit for my project

It's really strange! as I search a lot and couldn't find any related information, no one did this swap engine (1VD-FTV) for the 80-Series !!! ??? :confused:

looking for your feedback and advice with thanks

Ahmed

View attachment 2506403

View attachment 2506409

Most of the members here are US based and didn't get that or any other cruiser diesel engine as an option. So that would be why swaps are rare on the board. Ive seen one swapped into a tundra locally but haven't seen one in a cruiser here.

I have seen one swapped into a cruiser in a video from Australia though.

Its been done and documented albeit I dont have a link. Sounded like a nightmare project body lift, wiring, steering column too much for me....

I've seen one documented example in Australia in to a 100, none into an 80. Here's a video:
This chap now has a 200 series (documented on youtube) so make of that what you will.

LS or H series diesel is much easier and more achievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom