80 series short shaft/birf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.enviroimports.com
hello all, Im looking to see if anyone has One stub shaft/birf. my drivers side ones teeth stripped, of all the things, the birf is fine, but the splines are gone. Im thinking of the longfields, or a eliminator kit, but for right now I need just the outer. If you have some ideas , please let me know.
Thanks
Noel

I have a birf kicking around if thats what you need. is the hub flange striped as well. one thing my truck is in cowichan and the birf is in it.
I need a front spindle for mine. the frornt threads are striped. give me a call 250 480 9571:cheers:

Sweet, thanks I will call you later today, I dont think the outer hub is stripped, but I will look when i go back out so start welding and truck work again.
I worked on my truck from 10 am until 8pm yesterday, It went last week just hours befor going up to whistler, I took both front shafts out, drained some fluid and went mtn biking, so yesterday I gutted them again, took off the front shaft from T case forwards, going to up grade the ujoints on monday. I put the Pass side axel shaft back in yesterday and am putting new brakes in all around at the same time. I also opened up the Pass side rear brakes, got that axel seal taken care of, there is no way I had brakes on that wheel, everything is/was tottaly covered in axel oil.but new brakes, few cans of brake clean and its almost back together. Im sure glad all this happined, Im not sure what else I would have done on a Entire day or two. lol
:rolleyes:

Hey Noel;

The early 80 series had problems with the birfs and the drive hubs wearing out. We just did set on a 1990 unit - they were really bad!

You need to make sure you get the upgraded parts. Note that longfields are not appropriate for use in full - time 4wd - the Chromo won't hold up to the wear involved. Make sure to use only Moly grease in your assembly.

hth, John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom