80-series rear door window problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a secret to removing the rear door power window from the door itself?

I can see inside the door what the problem is and why my window is all screwed. The entire track assembly (?) has shifted on the window itself. The motor and arms are fully functional but, at around the halfway mark the track wheel on the arm runs out of rail due the rail itself having shifted forwards in relation to the window.

I gather I need to remove the window and re-position and re-glue the track on to the window.

But I can't get the dang window out. I've removed the rubber liner around the window but there still seems to be no way to remove the window. Do I have to take apart the whole door?

Nothing HDJ81 or FJ80 specific turns up on google.

Last edited:
If I remember right, you have to remove the fixed glass panel behind the window. I think the window has to be down for this. I think 1 screw 2 bolts holds the vertical divider on the inside.

Last edited:
Yes the vertical thing must be removed....

Thanks you two. I haven't had time to make use of your advice yet. The window is currently locked in the up position (I pulled the power) and the dog is PISSED.

I have the same issue with my right rear window. I've reset it a couple of times, but both times I did it with the window still in the door with lots of swearing. If I go through the effort of resetting it again by removing it I'll be placing a bead of silicone on the edge to hold it in place like I did with the fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom