80 series guys need a quick measurement. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey if anyone is doing any front end maintainance this weekend. I need a measurement regarding the front axle when you take the dust cover off the front hub I need you to remove the circlip and push the axle shaft / birf in. I'm just wondering how far the axle shaft goes into the spindle a picture and or a quick measurement at that point would be perfect if you don't understand I will elaborate with pictures later.

What is the purpose of the measurement? I dont have mine apart atm so I cant measure, but I do remeber it will slide in far enough you cant get the circlip on and have to pull it out using the thread in the axle with a bolt.

Sorry if you need something more precise.

I need something more precise I made an axle housing hybriding a 60 and 80 series axle together so I have a 9.5 center section and the big birfs off an 80 and I forgot to take that measurement before I cut it apart just wanna get my ducks in a row before I weld

Maybe I'll have to go for a walk with a screw drive a measuring tape and a pair of pliers and find a truck to get a measurment from.

Come on no one took their front wheels off this weekend?? obviously you 80 series guys aren't as jard on equipment as us 40 series guys

I might have to take you up on that jeff. I'm gonna see if someone in surrey has one sitting first less or a drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom