80 series baselining part list compilation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a compilation of parts and prices from various sources (amazon, dealerships, Rockauto, etc) broken out into sublists for things like a brake job, axle rebuild, etc. I started this sheet when I was baselining my 93fzj and noticed that oftentimes there was a range of prices for a particular part (sometimes even on the same site, see Amayama). Since my truck needed a lot of work, I've continued adding to this list. I've tried to stick with Toyota, Denso, and Aisin for the most part. The one major place I cheaped out on was going with HDK birfields instead of OEM. So far I've driven 5kmi on them; time will tell if this was worth it.

I ended up purchasing most of the parts here but there are some that I considered low priority or not needed (marked 1 in the optional column). If I ended up ordering a third party part, there would be a 1 in the corresponding column. The sum total of my baselining was ~$3700, which includes the parts here, cost of fluids, and a new set of ko2s. As a 1:banana: mechanic, it took me >130 hours to do most of the work here (will update total when I finish). I've been pretty cost conscious in most areas of my life and I've often had to tell myself to overlook these numbers. With the baseline costing >1.5x what I paid for the truck, I constantly ask myself whether polishing this piece of turd is worth the effort and I shudder when thinking about things like adding bumpers and suspension mods. I definitely need to go out more to make use of what I have!

Note: shipping costs were not included and can vary greatly if ordering from Amayama. With most places like Amayama and Rockauto, I would try to compile big orders to take advantage of the way they bundle shipping costs. The prices here were mostly compiled from 2018-2019 and listed in USD. I've noticed that most prices have crept up during the pandemic, so use these numbers as a rough guide instead of an actual bill of materials. Feel free to leave a comment directly on the sheet to ask a question or let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks for following along, and hope this helps!

Last edited:
There are a few lists like this on here. But I like to collect them all and compare/contrast.
And I too run a '93 which - depending on its birth date - may be compatible with some FJ80 parts.

Cool idea, but no offense - pretty useless without part #s. Maybe I’m missing something.

Downloaded and added to my personal google drive. Thanks!

Cleaned up the sheet and made versions to distinguish 93-94 and 95-97. Unfortunately I don't have an FJ80 so I wouldn't feel as confident in putting together this info for those folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom