77 FJ55 Arizona to FL red/white (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In late Oct 2019 I purchased my 77 red/white pig out of Sunrise AZ from Seabeejon while attending the SSS pigless hosted by Voodoo Cruisers.. So I've had it three years now, time for an update..
Original carb rebuilt JimTLC (awesome), rebuilt front end, FJ60 knuckles ad steering arms, 4runner calipers/pads, new brake lines, new paint, FJ75 springs upfront, hybrid 55 and 60 springs rear, new shocks, tires, wheels, various engine parts powder coated, front OEM bumper (thanks Pigeaten), new AC lines, and exhaust, etc, etc.. grateful I was able to stay under 5K...

W/ the new exhaust (from the headers back, kept the headers) the heat transfer from the muffler, catalytic convertor, and headers was pretty obvious.. I read probably 20 threads and decided to try using some DEI heat shields available off eBay.. Anyway, I can now place my hands on the exterior of my heat shields (away from the exhaust components), and there is no heat transfer in the cabin to speak of.. I doubled up the materials, screwed them together, and had run a seam of tape along the edges to try ad make it neat.. I thought I'd try and use some aluminum 'gasket' from Mcmaster/Carr, and screwed the securing trim in place... anyway, I'm going to do the longer heat shield above the catalytic converter as well once the material gets here.. This truck was missing the OEM muffler heat shield, and the exhaust shop would not replace the exhaust w/o installing a CC, and where they installed it was immediately between the frame and the transfer case... While I was at it, I added insulators to the header down pipes all the way to the collector pipe.. nice differen
hs 1.jpg
hs 2.jpg
hs 3.jpg
hs 4.jpg
hs 5.jpg
ce
I can drive barefoot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom