My sister bought this car in Albuquerque. It has been her dream since high school to own one. Party in the front, business in the rear. The reverse mullet on wheels.
Someone sols her a turd, because she didn't make it a week before a rod beat a hole in the oil pan.
She decided to take me up on my offer to figure it out. Problem being the distance between Albuquerque and chico.
She found a shipper, and shipped it.
There's a hilarious tangential story which I won't tell right now, but the car arrived unscathed, then sat for about 3 years.
In that time, my neighbor offered me a Tuned port engine out of an 87 corvette.
I gave him $500 and some herb I grew and took the engine home.
He had it stashed for a boat which never materialized. He took his own life last year after caring lovingly for both of his terminally Ill parents. So I want to do something with this motor, so he can hopefully get a smile in the afterlife.
Today I pushed the ol girl into the shop, and dropped the engine in as a mock up.
It's coming right back out to get new motor mounts, but it fits like a glove.
New engine is 350ci tuned port engine, which is a torque monster. Replacing a 77 305ci turd v8 and 200-4R slushbox transmission.
(We're going back together with a 700R4 with 4 gears and lockup)
I've got the painless harness, still need the brain..
Next step is a starter and comp test.
Then motor mounts, and stuff the trans.
Should be capable of breaking the speed limit when I'm done, I'd think...
Someone sols her a turd, because she didn't make it a week before a rod beat a hole in the oil pan.
She decided to take me up on my offer to figure it out. Problem being the distance between Albuquerque and chico.
She found a shipper, and shipped it.
There's a hilarious tangential story which I won't tell right now, but the car arrived unscathed, then sat for about 3 years.
In that time, my neighbor offered me a Tuned port engine out of an 87 corvette.
I gave him $500 and some herb I grew and took the engine home.
He had it stashed for a boat which never materialized. He took his own life last year after caring lovingly for both of his terminally Ill parents. So I want to do something with this motor, so he can hopefully get a smile in the afterlife.
Today I pushed the ol girl into the shop, and dropped the engine in as a mock up.
It's coming right back out to get new motor mounts, but it fits like a glove.
New engine is 350ci tuned port engine, which is a torque monster. Replacing a 77 305ci turd v8 and 200-4R slushbox transmission.
(We're going back together with a 700R4 with 4 gears and lockup)
I've got the painless harness, still need the brain..
Next step is a starter and comp test.
Then motor mounts, and stuff the trans.
Should be capable of breaking the speed limit when I'm done, I'd think...