76 wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have one they can post up. I found the early diagram someone (71/72) posted and searched but did not find one for a 76. Although, I think Cruiserguy said he had one that he could post. Post it if you have it !

TIA

Bueller?

I have one. I marked over it when I did the diesel conversion but if you ignore my marks it should be OK. Any particular area you need (the whole diagram will not be high enough resolution on a post here)?

I think the Haynes manaul had the wiring diagrams for both the FJ40 and FJ55 in the back. I would have to dig one out to check, pretty sure it's there.

cruiser guy,

I am particularly interested in the dash/instrument cluster wiring color schemes. That would be great if you could post here or send it in an email. slaterjt@aol.com

Living....,

I have had some pretty mixed results with Haynes diagrams over the years. Sometimes yes some times not so much yes. I'll use it to cross reference what cruiser guy sends and report back the similarity or dissimilarity.

Thanks to you both :cheers:

I can check to see what OEM manuals I have. Most of mine are for the earlier years. I do have a later set (mid seventies) of engine and body manuals. I'll see what I find.

John

Thanks animaldevictor, I'll see if it matches up with what I am looking at in the dash. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Many thanks animaldevictor! I too needed the wiring diagram in order to fix the previous owners "turn signal" handy work accomplished with Harbor Freight lights and apparently whatever wiring he had lying around the garage.

Yes indeed...the diagram matched up nicely. After a few hours on Saturday afternoon, all electrical systems (except for the ones I still need switches for) are working the way toyota intended. I have one minor murder in the engine bay to correct with the aftermarket ignition set up that I am removing and as long as the mice don't chew through anything, the electronics mysteries are done for now. Thanks again :cheers:

Do you still need my diagram? My wife cleaned up and I'm having a tough time finding stuff!

I have a question. I didn't have my later manuals in town but I had one from Dec 71. That had three diagrams listed for the FJ55s. LV, LG and V. My Haynes manuals only had the LG and V for 76. Is LG correct for the US FJ55 and not LV?

great to hear the works, this diagram is a very good reference to repair those issues that !"#$)& our heads every saturday :cheers::cheers::steer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom