70 series Prado vs Defender TDI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m currently looking to import a 93-95 Prado 2 door with KZ motor from japan. While looking though I noticed a lot of similar year diesel Land Rover defenders in that same point. Which ones better in your opinion?

I had a 96 gas discovery so im pretty versed in the land rover repair life. Was just curious how the diesels stacked up.

More related to this forum though how much are you guys typically paying in fees from your importer? one just quoted me about $4000 on a $24,000 truck, does that sound right for the US?

I had a 96 gas discovery so im pretty versed in the land rover repair life. Was just curious how the diesels stacked up.

The Toyota diesel is considered the most reliable vehicle in the world, favorite choice of terrorists, ruthless dictators and adventurous overlanders wordwide.

If you'd like to deal with a reputable importer who specializes in Land Cruisers, hit us up.

Last edited:
The Prado and Defender aren't really the same market of vehicle. Prado might equal Discovery, and Defender may equal 70 series as far as markets go.

If you like Defenders and Prados, then you should definitely get both a horse and a boat, as they can go more places than those wheeled vehicles... :p