'69 Carb Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:idea: Tired of messing with my old single barrel Aisan carb on my 69 FJ-40. Purchased a Rochester from Man-A Fre many years ago that I still have but am thinking about a Weber. Think it would be better to rebuild the rochester or go with a weber? Any input appreciated.

There are as many opinions as there are people on this board. I went from a single throat on my 69 to a 2 bbl off a 72, and am now running a Holley (modified for offroad) that I picked up from Downey Offroad. I've been running it for 6 years and am very happy.

However, you will find those on this board that hate Holleys.

If you don't want your aisan carb anymore, I'd be willing to take that off your hands. I'm interested in rebuilding and installing one myself. Let me know....Send me a PM.
thanks
Chris

I did rubicon w/a holley 2brl...no problems, but felt it was a bit over carburated for a 1F.
I know the MSD6A helped :D

Currently running an asian 2brl, also no problems.

Just curious, what's the problem with the Aisin? I have a Weber that required a lot of tuning before it really ran well.

I don't know if weber is still on strike or not, but I tried awhile back to get ahold of one of there carbs with no luck. I found a couple but the were sky high priced due to the strike in the plant in Spain. I've heard good things about holleys new truck avenger. They now make one for 4-6 cylinder engines. I have the v8 version and never had any problems. You can pick one up from summit or jegs. Another advantage with running the avenger is the electric choke. Hope this helps.

I have a weber installed on my 68 F, and will trade it straight up for a clean stock aisin. My motor is tired but running, and the weber is just too much for it.

I'm looking for stock functionality over possible performance gains.

If the truck is original 1969, it already has:
  • 2bbl hi-performance manifold w/ an adapter for the 1-bbl.
  • large dry element air cleaner
  • cable gas pedal
  • electric idle solenoid wiring
Remove the 1-bbl and adapter, get the following parts:
  • 70-72 38/38 2bbl Aisan carb
  • carb mounting studs & nuts
  • insulator block
  • 70-74 air cleaner lid
  • 70-73 throttle cable

The carb will bolt on w/ minimal fuss, and it will work. Bolt it together and resume cruising.
:cheers:

Exactly what I have! After reading the posts will probrobly rebuild my aisan again. Know where I can get the electric solenoid? Mine went south so I just blocked off the hole where it was mounted. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom