60 Series project for sale anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. This is Scot up in Julian. My son is turning 16. He's a good kid, working on his Eagle Scout and earning money at Mom's Pie up here. He wants a 60 series (even though he has grown up in 80s). He knows he can't afford a clean one, but says he doesn't care. Rust doesn't scare him (yet). We can wrench too. So, if you have a lead on a very well-priced 60 please PM or text/call.
Thank you.
855-395-7958

That is great to see him into the 60 series. Hope he finds one and enjoys it for many years.

You might just cut that roof off and weld a new one on there.

lol. This :eek: ^^^^ run away! My advice is be patient. I was in the same boast last year and we picked up a Texas 62 locally from a local Mud member who brought it to So Cal for a good price for my sons first rig. Spent last winter and spring baselining it with him - great project daily driver that includes my my two favorite things for a teen driver - slow and safe. He even lets me drive it once in a while.

What kind of budget are you working with? I might have a few candidates.

We’re great at spending other people’s money.

Two questions.... do you still have to pass smog in julian? I have a rig that is probably more than you are looking for but you may be interested...

1984 with 140K miles on original STRONG engine.
Jim C'ed carb that can be both smogged or not and extra trollhole carb for desmog and altitude.
Old Man Emu lift.
BFG ATs in 33x10.5x15
great interior and ususal rust.
Comes with 4 rust free doors and lower tailgate, tons of spare parts including all smog equipment.

Let me know if you want to discuss...

Two questions.... do you still have to pass smog in julian? I have a rig that is probably more than you are looking for but you may be interested...

1984 with 140K miles on original STRONG engine.
Jim C'ed carb that can be both smogged or not and extra trollhole carb for desmog and altitude.
Old Man Emu lift.
BFG ATs in 33x10.5x15
great interior and ususal rust.
Comes with 4 rust free doors and lower tailgate, tons of spare parts including all smog equipment.

Let me know if you want to discuss...
So, in Julian there is no smog requirement following the initial smog for the sale/transfer of vehicle. Sounds like a good rig! I'll PM

Hey everyone, I found one. Well, my sister in Albuquerque found one. Threw a rod through the block, but besides that, and due to that, it appears to be a pretty good deal for us. Gotta get it trailered out now.

IMG_0402.jpg

Nice, what are the engine plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom