54 mm socket

Anybody in Lafayette have a deep 54 mm socket I can rent for a day? I need to rebuild the knuckles on my 40, and forgot to order a socket.

I bought a 2 1/16 from Napa this morning... but it's too shallow.

Thanks!

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
SILVER Star

Did you ever find one? Have you tried AutoZone or the like to see if they have one in their "borrow a tool" kit? I think that's what I did the last time I serviced the axle on the 40.

Bang, Though I'm a blacksmith (www.irontonforge.com) and forge most of my tools... I cheated on the socket. I cut the new Napa 2 1/16" socket near the top and spliced a 2" piece of 2 3/8" pipe on to it. Great for removing spindle nuts!

Cheers!

IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
SILVER Star

That's awesome! Thanks for the pics. I will have to try my hand at that one........although my bead won't look any where near as purdy as yours. I am a better grinder than I am a welder. :lol:

Volunteer

Bayou State Land Cruiser Association
SILVER Star

Bang, Though I'm a blacksmith (www.irontonforge.com) and forge most of my tools... I cheated on the socket. I cut the new Napa 2 1/16" socket near the top and spliced a 2" piece of 2 3/8" pipe on to it. Great for removing spindle nuts!

Cheers!

View attachment 1037025 View attachment 1037027

Adaptive thinking I like it :cheers: and I checked out your website you do some awesome work. I'm going to share it with my folks they have a log cabin in Tennessee and they'd really appreciate your work especially those light fixtures.

Top Bottom