5.9 shaker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You guys feel it? It was a doosey. Just got home and was letting the dog out of his yard - he started howling and barking strangely- then everything starting shakin.

I almost schat my drawers--- need a shot and a beer

downgraded to 5.4- still felt like good shaker

Last edited:
felt just as i got out of my car. the garage door started shaking.

It must have been your way... here in the So Bay you could only feel a light rolling sensation.. like you got of the elevator too fast.

Was rolling down the 5 when it hit so I didn't feel it but the Ham sure lit up and I knew within about a minute after it hit. At home :princess: said the fridge was rocking and rolling.

It woke me up from my nap.
And of course my dog didn't do anything except for bark when it was over... :p

But things were movin' pretty good.

I was bombing downhill on my mountain bike so I didn't feel it, but my wife and kids told me when I got home that this one really scared them.

Missed this one driving. Really have to wonder how a lot of the sandstone walls on a lot of the trails in the area are holding up.

Was up in Sheep Canyon/Coyote Canyon this past spring before it closed and noticed that one of the few remaining concrete picnic tables had collapsed. No apparent hit by a vehicle so we surmised that it must have collapsed during either the big 7.2 or one of the 5.x aftershocks.

Epicenter of this one was just north of Borrego Springs proper.

Check this image out. It is a google earth image of recent earthquakes along the fault. I almost fell out of my chair- that fault is really active and it should be a good warning to be prepared

BTW the one the other day was almost dead center of the middle willows in coyote canyon. Would have been interesting to be at Baileys cabin :D
Eartquakes.jpg

...or my favorite - Sheep Canyon!

Check this image out. It is a google earth image of recent earthquakes along the fault. I almost fell out of my chair- that fault is really active and it should be a good warning to be prepared

BTW the one the other day was almost dead center of the middle willows in coyote canyon. Would have been interesting to be at Baileys cabin :D

We felt it pretty good here in Imperial. It was big enough that I ran outside to check if the motorcycle tipped over.. like it did from the 7.2 No damage but it sure freaked out my dog. We felt a sharp, quick jerk of the ground and then lots of rolling. I've been laid up with a shattered clavicle so I haven't been able to get out to the desert but I'm also dying to see what happened to the canyon walls up Fish Creek area.. I've seen a few pics just after the 7.2 but I just can't wait to get out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom