4x4 Troubleshooting Help Please! 06 Taco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone! Have been perusing the google machine trying to find a solid answer to my problem as well as trying to get my local mechanic to work on my truck(he is trying to leave town.. ahh! hah) Seems like a great group of people around here and I haven't thought why not!

So here we go...

I move the dial to 4-Hi, nothing happens. No light blinking, no sound from the ECU, no sound under the truck. I have tried this driving, parked, turning my wheels constantly etc. just incase.

When I put the dial to 4-Lo parked with the clutch in. The 4 Lo light starts to blink, I hear a noise or two and then the light goes solid and I am definitely in low gear, although I am not sure if I am in 4WD (Pretty sure not)

The truck was like this when I bought it. It was a good deal and the truck only has 85k miles on it!

Anyway the only thing that I have done to the truck was to pull the ADD actuator out and solder the points together inside of it that seem to fail on almost everyone's second gen Tacoma.

Any idea what may have been wrong in the first place or anything I may have done when removing the ADD Actuator etc? I am like 99% positive I plugged the wire back in.

Thanks!

Put it in 4lo and try turning on firm ground or even pavement . If it binds up then its in 4wd. It it will turn a sharp circle easily then it isnt. Or maybe get it in what you think is 4wd then jack the front wheels off the grond snd see how they'll turn. If one spins freely then the issue lies in the ADD actuator.

Sent from my SM-T310

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom