4low light blinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Mar 17, 2017
Threads
5
Messages
24
Location
Charlotte, NC
Hi everyone.

Please accept my apologies 8f this has been posted before. I tried searching, bit it keeps returning an error message.

I recently purchased a 2008 LX570 with 186000 miles.

The 4low light on the dash will start blinking intermittently, usually when the car is cold. If I shut it off and restart it, the light will go off.

If I try putting the car in 4low, it will sometimes start beeping repeatedly, other times it doesnt seem to do anything.

can anyone point me to a likely source? Thank you.
 
Mine has done the same thing on occasion for many, many years. I shut it off, restart, and the light is gone. Most likely just another Toyota sensor issue. No big deal.
 
Hi everyone.

Please accept my apologies 8f this has been posted before. I tried searching, bit it keeps returning an error message.

I recently purchased a 2008 LX570 with 186000 miles.

The 4low light on the dash will start blinking intermittently, usually when the car is cold. If I shut it off and restart it, the light will go off.

If I try putting the car in 4low, it will sometimes start beeping repeatedly, other times it doesnt seem to do anything.

can anyone point me to a likely source? Thank you.
See @TeCKis300 thread
 
Thank you so much for the info and resources. I'll get on that ASAP. When i had my 2002 sequoia, it had a somewhat similar actuator for tha 4wd that would act up the same way, so its not totally unfamiliar territory. Just figured that, since this was a newer lexus, it would require an advanced degree in electrical engineering and computer science to fix.

Had a Toyota tech tell me that the sequoia needed to be put into 4wd, 4low, and have tge diff locked regularly (like ever couple of months), or you ran the risk of having the acuator seize up. I assume that the same goes for these beasts.
 
Pray you don’t need a new actuator. I just ate a huge bill since the previous owner never locked the center diff or put it into 4 low.
 
Thank you so much for the info and resources. I'll get on that ASAP. When i had my 2002 sequoia, it had a somewhat similar actuator for tha 4wd that would act up the same way, so its not totally unfamiliar territory. Just figured that, since this was a newer lexus, it would require an advanced degree in electrical engineering and computer science to fix.

Had a Toyota tech tell me that the sequoia needed to be put into 4wd, 4low, and have tge diff locked regularly (like ever couple of months), or you ran the risk of having the acuator seize up. I assume that the same goes for these beasts.
Definitely actuate the center lock and low range atleast once a month. Better yet find a dirt road you can give it a few miles of driving occasionally. Keeps everything happy.
 
If the actuator is bad, that transfer case has to come out and be split apart to replace it. Hopefully not gone bad in your case. I would start giving it a work out as someone suggested and hope for the best. If it gets worse or starts happening every day, likely bad. Not a cheap fix either.
 
Hi everyone.

Please accept my apologies 8f this has been posted before. I tried searching, bit it keeps returning an error message.

I recently purchased a 2008 LX570 with 186000 miles.

The 4low light on the dash will start blinking intermittently, usually when the car is cold. If I shut it off and restart it, the light will go off.

If I try putting the car in 4low, it will sometimes start beeping repeatedly, other times it doesnt seem to do anything.

can anyone point me to a likely source? Thank you.
Hey guys. It appears that I solved the underlying issue myself through sheer cussedness.
I just kept getting on a dirt road near my house and repeatedly put it in 4 low and engaged the lock. Eventually, after about 50 tries over a few weeks, it finally happened and has worked fine ever since.
The 4 low light still comes on occasionally...but since the 4 low and diff lock engage every time...I just ignore it...you know...like god intended.
 
Back
Top Bottom