4lo flashing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks everyone for inviting me, first post. I have a 2009 gxl 200 with the dreaded 4lo light flashing, I have pulled both centre diff lock and 4 lo actuators apart many times but this time has got me stumped, I have cleaned the hot spots in housing, tested micro switch and reinstalled and fixed the issue, then I did the CDL put back together and fixed it as well, I then retested the 4lo and light was back to flashing. I have looked at several you tubes following their positioning of gears and shaft in transfer case which I believe I have done right. I have pulled it apart a dozen times and can not find a problem. With engine off and in neutral you can here actuator working, but sounds like it's locking then unlocking with light flashing on dash, turn engine on and it sounds like it's grinding with a terrible sound trying to engage, disconnected battery to reset computer that didn't work, lifted back wheel up to see if there was wind up which didn't work either, Sorry for the long post but best way to discribe it. With actuator in my hand (see video) it appears to work and light comes on solid, i then reinstall the housing and it's not engaging again. Any ideas I would be grateful.

Did you try to engage 4LO when this happened? Or were you just driving the vehicle, and this light came on? Are there any other lights on at the same time, flashing or otherwise? I have seen several occasions where people think it is a 4WD issue, and it ends up being an ABS issue.

Did you try to engage 4LO when this happened? Or were you just driving the vehicle, and this light came on? Are there any other lights on at the same time, flashing or otherwise? I have seen several occasions where people think it is a 4WD issue, and it ends up being an ABS issue.
Tried to engage 4lo to get a caravan up a steep hill, activated the 4lo switch and light comes on flashing, this hasn't been the first time, I usually pull actuator apart and clean, then it works again, this time it just won't work, I have tried different orientations of the gears, cleaned plug connector and contacts with electrical contact cleaner, tested micro switch, it just won't work. There is no pending code faults on my scangauge, I do have techstream so will hook it up to see if there is anything I can do or program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom