Registry 40th Anniversary Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40th SN - 2773
Mileage: 196K
Color - Sage
last 6 of VIN - I'll get back to you...
State sold new - Unknown
State located now - Nebraska

Took a hell of a beating in an accident. Ended up replacing the radiator core support, hood, bumper, and several parts in between. Had some bodywork and painting done to take care of the rust, and I'm trying to piece it back together. Runs like a champ, though! Anyone know where I can get some replacement fender badges? Had to go with the respray.

Unless you can find "OEM" (these were a port-installed US Market package) fender badges from someone who has removed them or is parting out a 40th, you'll have to settle for some "reproductions" that have the right look but without a 3D "40".

This one is Australian and reads "Commemorative" instead of the correct USM "Anniversary":

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 40TH ANNIVERSARY DECAL REAR 80 SERIES NEW GENUINE

Australian Dash Plaque:

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 80 SERIES 40TH ANNIVERSARY INTERIOR BADGE NEW GENUINE

Here is the US version made by James Dean Creations:

Misc Vehicles

Reactions: 85x
G-Cat is correct.
Just on a side note, I ordered the aftermarket version from CruiserParts, big mistake, they advertise the decal as a "quality aftermarket part", but instead I got a cheap version of it, looks more like a sticker than a decal..I can probably do a better job if I do it my self. I had to return them.
Anyways, good luck finding it, if you do I will be interested in buying a pair too.

I just found one of these at the local junk yard.... i didnt snap a pic of the vin but I did peel the 40th badge off with the number if that can register it as a dead 40th.

20170603_143656.jpg

20170603_183507.jpg

I just found one of these at the local junk yard.... i didnt snap a pic of the vin but I did peel the 40th badge off with the number if that can register it as a dead 40th.

View attachment 1472656

View attachment 1472657

Do you know if any of the exterior emblems survived? Rear and front grille "Toyota" emblems, rear "Land Cruiser" emblem, "Full Time 4WD" emblem and fender "40th" emblems.

Hello guys,
I'm new here and I need help,
I have 40 anniversary 1997 land cruiser here in Oman and I need to swap the engine to diesel engine, the question is can I use the same gearbox from my Petrol engine to diesel engine?
Did anyone try this,
Cheers...

Marwan, your best bet is to start a tread on the "Drivetrain-Suspension" forum, there is a lot of knowledge and experience about your issue there.
Good luck.

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone has a 40th Anniversary badge/sticker they would like to part with. I am looking for one to go on the console. The one that should be on the 40th I just purchased is missing.

Best thing is to search for 80s being parted out. Even if it's 1000 miles away, pics make 40ths easy to recognize and getting them to mail the badge is easy if you make it worth their while.

I have 3 40ths here in my yard. 2 drivers and 1 in pieces. All 3 are Sage.

40th SN - 3646
Mileage: 256K
Color - Sage
last 6 of VIN -
State sold new - MN?
State located now - CO

Bought it with a blown motor for $1000

Rebuilt Motor
New Radiator
rebuilt both axles, re-gear to 4:88 Harrop lockers on 35's
Homebrew sliders and roof basket
4x4 labs kit rear bumper