1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 speed trannie and transfer case from a 1982 FJ60

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Parts' started by Mikesta, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Mikesta

Mikesta Never decruiserfied SILVER Star

First $200 takes this.

got this out of a 1982 parts truck... the reason it was a parts truck is because the left quarter got swiped... also the guy said that the motor was froze... I took his word, but the motor was not frozen.. however water did come out when I drained the engine oil... no water in trannie or diff fluids.

This is sold as is... If I was going to keep It I would rebuild it... but I'm going a different route.

Cheers
    Mikesta
    MVC-754F1.jpg MVC-756F1.jpg MVC-757F1.jpg

2. BALDYLOX

BALDYLOX

Tcase

would you be willing to separate tranny and tcase? I want just the tcase. will you ship it? zip is 95946. How much?

3. Mikesta

does www.forwardair.com ship to your location or a location by you? If so, $70 shipping charge... plus the part.

4. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew On the way there SILVER Star

Mike-How did you get it cleaned up that well? I have my old one I need to clean up, since I'm still thinking of a way to use it in my FJ40.

Also, if you do take the case off the tranny-would you send me a picture of the transmission side of the front half of the case? Thank you.

5. Mikesta

It was 3+ hours of needed mindless work with 2 degreasers, and a parts washer. I used a putty knife to scrape of the 1/5" of cake... then with a plastic parts brush, worked away at it... spray/brush/spray/brush. Then rinse.. I had it on the hoist and sat in a office chair with rollers and went around it. Working on computers.. have learned a bit about ergonomics... get those down and its painless... but time consuming...

I think there are 4 bolts... 3 long and 1 short that separate the tranfer from the tranmission... then the main 30mm? nut that needs to come off to separate the 2 units... If I do separate them, I'd be more than happy to post you a picture. However I would like to sell them together for $200... think thats very reasonable.

I also have 2 more 3 spd trannies with transfers for sale out of a couple PIGS i'm parting out that will go in Parts for sale soon.

Cheers
    Mikesta

6. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew On the way there SILVER Star

Cool. There are 5 bolts, actually, but you also have to pull the back of the case and disassemble since the bolts are under the input gear. The big nut on the end of the input shaft is 36mm and the output shafts are 32 mm. The disassembly job will be much easier with the case that clean. I would appreciate a pic, since the maching on the front of the 82-83 case has been in question before-ie does it have the casting for the oil cup of the 5 speed, and does it have the big machined area for the bearing on the input shaft like this:
    Carnage5.jpg

7. 2mbb

2mbb SILVER Star

I have a friend off-list who is interested. He will email you off this forum.

8. Mikesta

Sounds good..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  9. Mikesta

To ship the transfer case from Seattle to anywhere pretty much will cost $54. This is using www.forwardair.com s service... they have a map that tells you the locations they work with.

Just got off the phone picking their brain about how they determine how much items will cost.

$47.25 + fuel surcharge

100lbs or less

48 x 48 x48 = Palet or 400lbs for right around $240

12 x 12 x 12 = $100

Length x width x hight = sum \ 250 tells you the dimensional weight