4.7 trd. Supercharger ecu help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I swapped a supercharger into my 2004 4runner with the 2uzfe motor and need help with TRD piggy back ecu. Would any of you guys have the supplement manual for the ecu installation. Or any buddy running one of these units that could send or post a picture of your ecu plugins, and which ports are used in the stock ecu and if which plug into the TRD harness
Thanks in advance I know someone here can help
1588798031158888396455624986147.jpg

Oh man, I’ve been wanting to do this on my 2004 GX470. Hopefully you get some answers.

I
Oh man, I’ve been wanting to do this on my 2004 GX470. Hopefully you get some answers.
Im all for boosting the 4.7 the power gains are night day and I ran this unit on a previous 4th gen runner for 150k with no reliability issues

Hey guys I swapped a supercharger into my 2004 4runner with the 2uzfe motor and need help with TRD piggy back ecu. Would any of you guys have the supplement manual for the ecu installation. Or any buddy running one of these units that could send or post a picture of your ecu plugins, and which ports are used in the stock ecu and if which plug into the TRD harness
Thanks in advance I know someone here can help View attachment 2297693

Send me your email and i will send you ecu install manual.

Attachments

• SC-SEQ-009-C.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 418
No trouble, I just installed a TR$D SC on my GX470 and opted for the Unichip ECU set up, It has a bunch of different timing settings and can be reprogrammed later if you add headers etc...… I would recommend. Basically there are the 3 main ECU plugs and the 2 smaller plugs to plug in with the piggy back . Did that link work for you? any questions, get in touch.

No trouble, I just installed a TR$D SC on my GX470 and opted for the Unichip ECU set up, It has a bunch of different timing settings and can be reprogrammed later if you add headers etc...… I would recommend. Basically there are the 3 main ECU plugs and the 2 smaller plugs to plug in with the piggy back . Did that link work for you? any questions, get in touch.
Hi pony20027

Wondering if you can help please. I’m trying to gathering parts for my SC for my installation. I can Not locate the 4.7 TRD Supercharger ECU manual. With your help will Appreciate very much. Thanks again

Okay... so I know that I am resurrecting an old thread here, but I am in need of some advice!

I recently purchased a 03 factory (to my knowledge) supercharged tundra. It's a pretty epic truck, but shortly after getting it, it threw both knock bank codes. I know that often times mice can get underneath the intakes and chew away at the sub-harness causing this, but upon inspection (borescope / just peaking) the harness is totally fine and the knock sensors actually look relatively new. That said, I tried thinking about what other computer issues could cause this code and upon opening the glove box, I found the trd ecu and piggyback sitting there, not installed. Fast forward to today, I installed the piggyback and the trd ecu but now the truck will start and immediately die. Almost as if there is no fuel or something similar.

My assumption is that the knock codes are likely coming from the engine having 10 injectors now but the computer only accounting for 8 without the trd ecu. My question then is, why is the trd ecu being hooked up killing it? Is there some kind of reset needed to be done? Is my trd ecu fried? I did look over the ecu install diagram above and follow it back to the injectors and solenoid and everything is correctly pinned and connected.

Let me know if any of you have good ideas of where to start digging in!

For reference, this is a 4wd 2003 4.7 SC Tundra with 263K on it. Timing was last done at 259K.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom