4.7 or 5.7? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup my 05 Tundra transmission has no dipstick either, as far as I know anyhow.
Sort of a concern for me or I guess I am just being old fashioned.
How does one do a quick look to see what shape the oil is in...guess you have to get under it and look for a filler plug ... not a positive thing in the design world to my thinking anyhow.

Quick Look

That little quick look will leave your tranny either .40 qts low or completly empty depending which plug you think needed pulled! The check plug is the one which will leave you .40 Qt low and that is where the check is done, check is not hard unless you do not know how to check it!! Go to http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...how-check-automatic-transmission-fluid-level/ go to post #5 and all your answers will be answered, i tried adding pdf but it is too big and hope this clears up non issue!! i myself will flush at 50K since Toyota reccomends 100K just to be safe, the tranny fluid in your tranny is Synthetic so i would not be too concerned but i agree the design was a ploy to take your truck to dealearship so they can tell you it does not ever need changing?? i know thats strange!!:beer: Glen is the man over there and knows his maintenance manuals pretty well!! If for some reason ya can't open it PM me and i will send it to ya, it's straight outta Toyota Manual!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom