3member help needed for my autocrapic slushbox, need a good vendor with smqrts and go (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1987, 22RE auto 4 runner

Dropped off to my friend while on vacation to have diagnosis. I knew the rear had been on its way south but its very very loud now and time to replace.

Who has the best drop in 3rds for the $? Truck has 220k so I dont want to spend a pile now. When I sell the Fj then I will build this truck up from the frame up until then its dd.

Wanting another open diff with that same crappy ~ 4:30, no locker etc. This is a daily driver / work truck with 235r15's.

Speaking of which, I have a tire decal stating a tire size change from the dealer thats taped inside the door jam. It makes me uneasy about whether or not the ratios were changed... I want to say the decal states 225's but I went 235 as 225's are so hard to get for a reasonable price.

I dont really want to change both front and rear 3rds unless it can be done for a really reasonable exchange price. Doing so isnt smart as I just bought 4 brand new Khumo tires... Damnit!! I wish I had bought 33's as I would hqve changed out both pumpkins!

If it were me, I'd go with 4.88s at least. If you are looking to not spend a bunch of money, buy the ring, pinion and setup kit and have a shop set it up instead of buying a whole drop in unit. Also, front factory 4.88s can be found pretty cheap in junkyards and on the forums for when you are ready to do the front to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom