3FE idle speed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finaly got around to replacing the temp probe that goes back to the ecu and it has made an awesome difference. Instead of running like a bag of crap until warm it runs awesome and even seems to have more grunt.

Only thing is it now idles a bit high. It was set around 800rpm before I replaced the probe, now it idles at 1400rpm. I have tried to lower it with the idle adjustment screw on the throttle body but wont go any lower. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The idle is controlled by the computer. Make sure your TPS works correctly (particularly the idle signal!), and the throttle cable isn't getting stuck.

Throttle cable and everything else is free. I think I just need to go through and reset it all but not sure of best place to start. Will have to check the TPS though by the sounds of it. Do you know if disconnecting battery will reset everything?

If the TPS is at idle, the computer will aim for 600 RPM. If it's off idle, the engine spins at whatever speed the airflow will allow.

Disconnecting the battery will reset the computer, yes.

Thanks . Will try that as well. Can't get over how much better and smoother it runs though. Wish I had changed it 6 months ago now ha ha

My fj62 replaced a burnt exhaust valve on #4 cylinder and cleaned carbon built up in intake mainflod, idle speed went up 1200 rpm, disconnected battery reset ECU didn’t work, unscrewed TPS adjusting position to left rpm same, to far right rpm reduced to 700 rpm, in gear 550 rpm. TPS moved to center without rpm increase, gentlemen thanks for all the advice information give some ideal and action corrected high rpm problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom