3fe help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I don't know how to do that, I've been trying all of the other possibilities first. I'm going to check out some instructionals this weekend and try it out when I get home next week. I feel like my issues are something simple like that. We shall see...

There's a really good thread on here on timing a 3fe, it worked for me, the hardest part is getting a sight line on the timing window; make sure the little cover that covers the timing window is removed before you start or you'll never find that little window.

Good luck.

After watching the video, it sounds like one of the cylinders is stumbling (as I would call it). This would be caused by a few things including non-sufficient spark to the cylinder (a bad wire, roter or cap). Have you tried pulling each spark plug wire one by one as mentioned on the other thread? Improper valve adjustment to that cylinder could cause it. Also a specific vacuum leak to that cylinders intake could also cause it. Improper timing would cause a more consistent miss across all the cylinders (not just one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom