3FE fuel sediment trap?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a rusty fuel tank that I cleaned but now its stopping up the filters from the left over rust that I couldn't get. Ive replaced both my sock and filter 3 times in 4 weeks. I know that eventually everything will be filtered out but instead of having to replace filters I would like the option of having an old school sediment bowl that I could just dump and keep on going down the road.

Has anyone tried this?

My concern is that the fuel system might have too much pressure for a sediment trap that wasn't designed for fuel injection applications

Another idea is to bend the pickup tube to the baffle area up about 1/2". That will help leave the crud in the main tank area. You might also look into dropping and cleaning the tank. There are several recent threads about the successful cleaning of tanks.

Last edited:
Haha yea I was one of the recent tank cleaning post. Dropped it and used muriatic acid. Got it really clean but in the 2 hours between finishing the cleaning project and having it in the truck ready to put gas in, it formed some surface rust and that is now floating in my fuel. Draining the tank doesn't work because of the baffling inside, the sediment just gets caught in all of the nooks (already tried that twice, getting expensive)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom