34X9.50 Swampages with no shocks...YeeHaw! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just put a set of 34X9.50 TSL Swampers on do it your self beadlocks on our '86 extra cab with stock gears and no shocks. Holy cow!! I forgot how bad 4.10s and IFS suck with big tires! The tires are pretty egg shaped and the wheels aren't the best either since I'm an amature with the welder. I havn't put on the shock mounts yet so there is absolutely no damping... I think the tires actually come off the ground a little bit around 45 or 50 mph!

I will be seting up 5.29s and using those cheap F-250 towers for the front shock mounts and fabing some rear mounts so I can use some left over 10 and 12 inch stroak monotubes I had laying around. I ended up with between 8 and 9 inches of travel in out of the IFS with those ball joint spacers, pretty impressive for such a cheap mod! Still seems like no travel at all compared to my '94 with the solid axle swap. I am enjoying the hunkered down ride height though.

The truck has a front locker and a welded rear so I should be shelling CVs every weekend! --Wheel On!

One of my buddies runs the same tires on his runner and he had to put lead shot in the tires to get them to settle down. He says it is tolerable now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom