3" Front Tundra Lift Spacers Mistake - Danger? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BajaCruiser94

SILVER Star
Threads
So, I ordered the 3" incorrectly; my bad; for "testing" purposes I had the spacers machined down as MSCruiser indicated and installed over a set of new OEM shocks; after all the adjustment possible camber was .25" positive on the left side and .50" on the right tire, I got a hold of a set of ICON rear coils from a Mud member, and once they arrive they will raise the back around 1.75".

The 2" spacers are on their way, but once looking at the front stance, its not that bad with 285's; I kind of like it.

Other than the slight positive camber, is there any other significant danger on running these 3" spacers? This is my DD and occasional light off road; I have the 80 series for the rest of the fun trails...

Last edited:
i ran that set up "temporarily" when i sent the icon coilovers in for rebuild. the stock shocks/springs are too soft.
the truck will drive fine going straight, but if you have to get on the throttle in a turn or emergency maneuver, the truck gets super squirrelly.
would not recommend it as a permanent solution.

Is your uca close to your tires now? Could be the photo and the reason im asking. Look for rub marks over thr next week or so

Is your uca close to your tires now? Could be the photo and the reason im asking. Look for rub marks over thr next week or so

Nah... its just the dirt came of while handling the UCA during the spacer install, I've cycled the suspension and it doesn't rub...yet...ha!

The thing that I would be concerned about running such a large spacer, is whether it changes the shocks fully compressed length beyond the threshold where it now effectively becomes the compression limiter. Causing the shock to bottom out first before the bump stop on the control arm.

With a hard enough hit, this will destroy the shock as it wasn't designed to be the limiter in the suspension.

The thing that I would be concerned about running such a large spacer, is whether it changes the shocks fully compressed length beyond the threshold where it now effectively becomes the compression limiter. Causing the shock to bottom out first before the bump stop on the control arm.

With a hard enough hit, this will destroy the shock as it wasn't designed to be the limiter in the suspension.

Valid statement... Guess I will be swapping the 2” ones once they arrive, and I’ll see how can I extend the bumpstops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom