2nd gen sequoia interior upgrades (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here’s the result of a few projects that I’ve been working on. Couldn’t be happier with the new pioneer head unit, looks very OEM. I did install a 360 camera system but did not realize when in reverse only one of the two camera views can be selectable and the 360 view, while handy for the side/front guidance was inferior to the original backup camera and I found myself not being able to reverse into spots as quickly/accurately so it got returned to Amazon. I filled the holes that were left in the mirrors with VLED puddle lamps which look great. Also threw in a 13” screen for the kiddos in the back and wired in a mini usb power unit drawn from the wires that power the player to also power an Amazon fire stick so that no extra wires needed to be run externally. If only I could get the fire stick to actually stay stuck on the headliner and not fall down after a day in the heat. Also, the red start button seems to have added 10+ hp! Too bad it’s mostly hidden behind the steering wheel and I only ever really see it while turning. Up next is maybe a leather wrapped SDHQ steering wheel with red stitching?
75BA40F6-0CED-42B0-9D1D-CCC8A02F57D6.jpeg
43EBF026-C768-4246-AC77-80DF8E1E56BA.jpeg

Looks good. What is the model number and can you take some side shots of it so I can see the gap? Any other connections needed to keep the factory accessories?

Looks good. What is the model number and can you take some side shots of it so I can see the gap? Any other connections needed to keep the factory accessories?
Here is a copy from my invoice from Crutchfield with all the parts that came and the model of the Pioneer Unit. It does integrate with some of the OEM features such as TPMS and some engine gauges and all the steering wheel controls work like factory.

***updated with pics of the fit/gap of the head unit***

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 10.21.44 PM.png
IMG_8988.jpeg

IMG_8987.jpeg

IMG_8987.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that you've had this for a while, what are your thoughts? I see that, like everything it seems, the price has gone up now. The unit itself is $1500 at Crutchfield.

Now that you've had this for a while, what are your thoughts? I see that, like everything it seems, the price has gone up now. The unit itself is $1500 at Crutchfield.
Still works great. Installed a software update via usb drive which seem to have helped with stability on wireless CarPlay. No regrets.

Looks great and appreciate you sharing! I'd love to do something like this on my new to me 19 Platinum. Coming from my old Gx 460, the smaller screen in the sequoia seems so out of place in such a large vehicle. this also gives the ability to add CarPlay. Did you do the install yourself? Easy enough with provided harnesses? nice work!

Last edited:
Looks great and appreciate you sharing! I'd love to do something like this on my new to me 19 Platinum. Coming from my old Gx 460, the smaller screen in the sequoia seems so out of place in such a large vehicle. this also gives the ability to add CarPlay. Did you do the install yourself? Easy enough with provided harnesses? nice work!
Yep, just followed the instructions. Ran into a snag during the install and called Crutchfield and the tech on the phone actually walked me through the sequoia specif steps, calling out specific wire colors for when I wasn’t able to get the backup camera to connect on first go around. They knew their stuff!

Also threw in a 13” screen for the kiddos in the back and wired in a mini usb power unit drawn from the wires that power the player to also power an Amazon fire stick so that no extra wires needed to be run externally. ........ Also, the red start button seems to have added 10+ hp!

Two questions:

1. After spending time with the overhead 13" screen how would you rate this product? Can you share the name and link of it?

2. Did you have to install a keyless entry system in order for the engine Start/Stop button to work? can you share the Link?

Two questions:

1. After spending time with the overhead 13" screen how would you rate this product? Can you share the name and link of it?

2. Did you have to install a keyless entry system in order for the engine Start/Stop button to work? can you share the Link?
Here is a link to the screen from Amazon: XTRONS 1920x1080 13.3 inch Resolution FHD Screen Car Roof Monitor Flip Down Overhead Multimedia Car Ceiling Over Head Video Display with USB SD HDMI Port (No DVD Drive) Amazon product ASIN B07MZGBR2R
Works well so far, just wish it had built in speakers because I did not want to wire it to the car’s audio and then have to listen to the kids shows. My solution was to wire and mount an Amazon echo dot to the ceiling and group it with the fire stick plugged into the screen. They both connect to my phone’s Wi-Fi and the volume can be adjusted by the fire tv remote.

The sequoia came with push button start, I just bought a new cover to replace the black OEM starter button: Lanyun engine start stop push button switch Replacement for Tacoma corolla tundra camry 4runner highlander prius fj cruiser rav4 avalon accessories original car smart start button Amazon product ASIN B08RX16VDX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom