2LT-E Intake Gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently come into a 1987 LJ70 (maybe LJ71. I'm not sure the difference). It has the 2LT-E motor and has been sitting for almost 3 years without running. A couple weeks ago I was able to get it running again. It turns out the wire running to the fuel cut-off solenoid was broken. Once I figured that out and jumped it (for a temporary fix) the it started right up and ran like a top! Now i need to fix the wire properly but I am having trouble getting my hands in close enough to fix it. I would rather not pull the entire injection pump off. I figured I would pull the intake manifold off (and clean it out while I'm at it). However I cannot seem to find anyone selling a replacement gasket to go between the intake manifold and the cylinder head. Does anyone know where I can get one? The truck is in Ontario, Canada but I don't really care where the gasket comes from as long as it works.

I have recently come into a 1987 LJ70 (maybe LJ71. I'm not sure the difference). It has the 2LT-E motor and has been sitting for almost 3 years without running. A couple weeks ago I was able to get it running again. It turns out the wire running to the fuel cut-off solenoid was broken. Once I figured that out and jumped it (for a temporary fix) the it started right up and ran like a top! Now i need to fix the wire properly but I am having trouble getting my hands in close enough to fix it. I would rather not pull the entire injection pump off. I figured I would pull the intake manifold off (and clean it out while I'm at it). However I cannot seem to find anyone selling a replacement gasket to go between the intake manifold and the cylinder head. Does anyone know where I can get one? The truck is in Ontario, Canada but I don't really care where the gasket comes from as long as it works.

I've re-used mine before without any issues. I'm pretty sure they are metal. Just make sure it's all clean before putting it back together, and torque it down properly.

Usually that gasket is part of a kit. You can call some of the JDM parts places to see if they'd sell it separate. There are lots of them out there, just search. Ones out west in Canada are JDMparts.ca, Rocky Mountain Imports, RADD Cruisers. There are many others too....

I have recently come into a 1987 LJ70 (maybe LJ71. I'm not sure the difference)

It should be on an aluminium plate on the firewall. What makes you think its a 2L TE? I cant see an 87 2L TE on the parts diagram
I didn't think they came out until the early 90s.

Hopefully I can re use the old one then. Its a bit of a fxxx around for me to work on it at the moment. I live in Newfoundland, the truck is in Ontario and I work on ship for four weeks at a time. So I am trying to make sure I have all the parts I need before I get to work on the truck.

I got the truck from my brother, he bought it in Calgary and has had it for a few years. He told me it was a 2LT-E. Next time I'm around the truck I will check for the aluminum plate on the firewall. It was imported from Japan at some point. Its RHD and all the stickers and plates that I have seen so far are in Japanese. It is a 2.4L 4 cyl. turbo. Perhaps he and I just assumed it was a 2LT-E. I'm new to Toyota, so I usually just assume what someone tells me to be correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom