2h Fuel filler neck question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently noticed some corrosion on my 1988 hj75 2h troopy fuel filler neck. I was surprised as I usually try to keep my fuel tank full all the time to avoid much air being in the tank, in which air holds water.
I wouldn't have noticed normally at a bowser , but I was filling from a jerry can , remote, on a hill, so I was a good foot shorter than usual so I could easily peer in. A little bit condensation rust.
1676617965884.png

We have had at least good year of lots of rain, I don't have a garage to fit the troopy, so lives outside with the other animals unfortunately.

First I went to look on amayama if I could get a new one, yep ripper mr.toyota, part no.

Toyota (7720160200)​

The end bit is a bit different for mine but I am sure it could work.

Then I went to my 1985 wreck and grabbed that filler to have a look. It's internals are a bit better than my 88.
1676618435692.png

What is this canister for?
1676618751157.png

I hope one day to tentatively run biodiesel, and I am slowly changing fuel lines and seals to viton. Zinc and copper is not too agreeable with veg oil, a stainless filler neck (and fuel tank) would be ideal which would take some hunting in boating shops.
So could make a similar setup to the ome in stainless with a joining nylon filler tube.

But what is the role of this canister?

expansion tank for pressure changes

the white plastic thing is a one way check valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom