2H.... 24volt ....help... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
I reciently did a FJ to HJ-60 swap (1986). I have three warning light slights I cant get to go out. #1 filter light #2 (!) light and #3 the battery light. Origionally all were out, then they popped on. Then about a week ago I pulled 1 battery and reinstalled it and the lights stayed out for a couple days...now back on. Someone suggested a bad or going bad Alt., but the dash shows its putting out some good power. Could it be a bad or disconnected ground somewhere? or not enough ground? Everything works great....I just cant call the job "done" till I get everything working.

Thanks

Last edited:
Think this is related to the parking/emergency brake.
Check for a switch near the bottom end of the handle.
Light should go out when the handle is fully released.

Think this is related to the parking/emergency brake.
Check for a switch near the bottom end of the handle.
Light should go out when the handle is fully released.

Wery true. The (!) light comes on when the parking brake is engaged, or when you have too little brake fluid in your container (indicating leak).

I changed my temperature sending unit and all three of these lights were on for the first 5 minutes of running afterwards, then they went out.

I changed my temperature sending unit and all three of these lights were on for the first 5 minutes of running afterwards, then they went out.

HUh??? Was this just a coincidence or did you do this on purpose?

HUh??? Was this just a coincidence or did you do this on purpose?

What, let my truck run for a few minutes? (five would be an exageration I guess)

Yes, I did. Enough time to take the brake off, set the brake a couple of times, then get out and look under the hood to check anything I touched. Back in to the truck, took the brake off and the lights went out.

Why?

What, let my truck run for a few minutes? (five would be an exageration I guess)

Yes, I did. Enough time to take the brake off, set the brake a couple of times, then get out and look under the hood to check anything I touched. Back in to the truck, took the brake off and the lights went out.

Why?

?????? was that an answer to ..............?

Nooo, I mean replace the temp sending unit.
Did you replace it because you knew it would solve the problem or was the fact that the lights went out just a coincidence?

Why?
Dunno, maybe because you realy put the handle to the floor?
The little switch is only activated when things are properly set. And then the handle has to be fully released to make it work so the light goes off. If I have the handle only one or two clicks up, the light stays on.

Nooo, I mean replace the temp sending unit.
Did you replace it because you knew it would solve the problem or was the fact that the lights went out just a coincidence?.

I was changing the sending unit because it wasn't working properly, I had no lights prior to swapping it. After I swapped it out, the lights were on.

Dunno, maybe because you realy put the handle to the floor?
The little switch is only activated when things are properly set. And then the handle has to be fully released to make it work so the light goes off. If I have the handle only one or two clicks up, the light stays on.

I'm very sure that I fully disengaged the park brake.

I was changing the sending unit because it wasn't working properly, I had no lights prior to swapping it. After I swapped it out, the lights were on.

Huh? it was my understanding the lights wouldn't go out ???

I'm sorry to confuse you Ron.

No, the 3 lights in question were NOT on prior to changing the sending unit. Once I changed the sending unit, the lights were on and took a few minutes for them to go out.

I only mention it as it may apply to in2cruisers situation, maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom