2F motor for sale maybee

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Parts' started by mtbluetick, Aug 23, 2006.

1. mtbluetick

mtbluetick

I am thinking of doing a v8 conversion on my 83fj60. I am wondering if any body would be interested in the motor, and everything I don't need. the motor has about 30,000 on it. It runs good other than the exaust manifold leak. I live in Missoula Mt. and I might be able to meet someone. I am not sure yet what it is worth but I will consider all reasonable offers. Right now I am just tooling with the Idea but send me a message if you are interested.

2. bundy18

bundy18

i might be interested, let me know when you get around to deciding what you want to do

3. mtbluetick

mtbluetick

I will

I am going to call a guy today to talk about his 350 he has.

4. Roebon

Roebon

This is not a rhetorical question so please don't take it as such. I'm curious as to why, with a 2F with 30,000 miles on it, you want to do a V8 swap. I would think that the engine wasn't recently rebuilt...2-3 years ago. The obvious part of the answer is more power, but what I am interested to know, is what circumstances are justifying the expense and down time necessary for a V8 swap considering that you have a strong 2F. Naturally I would like hear follow up on your swap after you do it.

I moved from TX to MA and with a rebuild looming over the horizon I am looking at engine conversions as an option...though I think I will go diesel if I can, preferably Toyota.

5. Roebon

Roebon

type-o in post: "wasn't recently rebuilt" should be: was recently rebuilt. oops

6. mtbluetick

mtbluetick

more power

I have a 17 ft boat with a 140hp motor that I pull going over passes and I need more power. I have four kids that are loaded in their plus dogs and gear. I really hate getting passed all the time. the intake and exaust are leaking and I am not going to fix them again. it wasn't cheap. the front and rear mains are leaking, and the valve cover gasket leaks. I was told by the toyota guys it is because they used cheap gaskets. after I noticed the leaks I parked it. I have two trucks a mustang a jeep a neon, so I have plenty of vehichles. to drive. I have all the recipts for the engine rebuild.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.