2F distributor problems

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by crazylandcruiser, Aug 21, 2006.

1. crazylandcruiser

crazylandcruiser

i got a pertronixs distributor in place of my points got it all hooked up and i have no spark from my coil to distributor or from my distributor to my spark plugs is there something i should be doing maybe im not doing right someone out there help me i just want my cruiser to run again i get mad when it doesnt and that to often :) thanks for reading this hope someone can help me!

2. crazylandcruiser

crazylandcruiser

No one? someone out there gotta have something for me

3. Doug_S

Doug_S

I had the same problem initially with the Pertronix. Check the polarity of the wires on the Pertronix and make sure you have them correctly hooked on the coil. I actually had a Pertronix unit that was defective. I had, however, no problem exchanging it for a new one at a local shop. Once the new one was here it hooked right up and runs fine. I hope that this helps.

4. Tunnelratt

Tunnelratt

Red wire from the pertronix goes to + pos side of the coil, black wire goes to - neg side of the coil, wire with Black/Yellow stripe from the factory loom goes to the + pos side of the coil.:cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.