2F auxiliary carb throttle body needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I've got a 2F forklift engine with an Impco CA125 propane carb on the forklift manifold - 70mm bolt spacing with a ~43mm hole. This is a bit bigger than the propane carb that came with the engine.

I need to add a second butterfly valve. Ideally it'd have the 70mm bolt spacing top and bottom, so I could put it between the manifold and existing carb. Having to do some machining is ok. I've got 6", maybe more, to work with.

Does anyone know of anything off the shelf that will fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!

Whhaaat!
Do tell more aboot this propane fueled 2F, please?
I have a sorta complete 1975 carburetor, that I tore down and cleaned up for spare parts only.
Will check measurements...

38mm primary bore 40mm secondary bore, 53mm center to center x 90mm center to center rectangular base bolt holes....

Last edited:
Whhaaat!
Do tell more aboot this propane fueled 2F, please?
I have a sorta complete 1975 carburetor, that I tore down and cleaned up for spare parts only.
Will check measurements...

38mm primary bore 40mm secondary bore, 53mm center to center x 90mm center to center rectangular base bolt holes....

The engine is in a robot. I need a second butterfly so the computer controlled throttle can be overridden by a human.

The forklift intake manifold is a cruder affair than what I've seen for automotive use. It's snugged up against the engine, with tight bends, and two bolts on 70mm centers instead of the others I've seen with 3-bolts on a round hole or 4-bolts on a square hole. I don't have the room for a manifold that sticks any farther out from the engine.

I'm hoping to find a butterfly valve with the two stud fitting on the top and bottom. I think I remember there having originally been something like that (for a speed/power limiter?), but it appears to have gotten lost with the switch to the Impco carb, and it probably had too small a bore anyway.

Impco makes a carb with the correct bore & stud spacing, so I'm hoping that it's enough of a standard that I can find such a part, but I'm not sure what it'd be used for.

The fallback is to get a second throttle body from Impco (it's available separately from the propane mixer) and make an adapter plate to mate the upper four-bolt pattern to the lower two-bolt pattern.

Years ago LT mounted a IMPCO carb to his 2F using a stock Cruiser manifold. Seemed to work great. Unfortunately, someone stole it a while ago.

Pics are gone, but you should be able to get the gist of it off of the text.

Tech: How to Propane a 2F - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

I have a 465 (or 390, I am not positive any more) holley as the base plate for my propane 2F so it's more of an apples to oranges thing.. Unless you want to get a holley adapter from the manifold to a 2 barrel holley and then do a 2 to 4 barrel adapter to get it to the bigger carb..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom