275 70 r18 w/ 25mm offset on stock suspension?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
curious if anyone has insight if this will fit, I reviewed the 200 tire database and see lots a bunch of stock suspension with that tire size, but not the offset. BFG AT K02, WORX 18x9 w/ 25mm offset. my LC came w/ 20" TRD wheels with 275 55 r20 street tires and wanted something more aggressive.
thanks

I have 285-65-18 Wild Peaks on et25 Method wheels and they do rub a little at full lock in reverse. My setup is within about a qurater inch of what you're considering. I am on the stock suspension with the OEM front strut spacers installed.

If you have a choice, and haven't committed to anything yet, I would avoid an offset that low. Stock offset is 60mm. Rock warriors are 50mm. That should be the biggest indicators as to a good offset range.

I would suggest staying in the 35mm and up offset range, not so much for fitment, but to keep the suspension and steering geometry ideal. You'll have less scrub radius and pulling on the steering under acceleration or braking with a good offset.

Yes, 25mm can be made to work and others have done if, if you're absolutely set on a certain style of wheel.

thank you both.
I already pulled the trigger, so yes committed now...will aim to get these test mounted in the next couple of weeks and give an update.

also, i don't believe strut spacers are already installed. will have to check.

and using this, it does seem very similar to your setup sickspeed, where does it rub on the vehicle?

tire size comparison.JPG

curious if anyone has insight if this will fit, I reviewed the 200 tire database and see lots a bunch of stock suspension with that tire size, but not the offset. BFG AT K02, WORX 18x9 w/ 25mm offset. my LC came w/ 20" TRD wheels with 275 55 r20 street tires and wanted something more aggressive.
thanks

I don't want to be "That Guy" (maybe too late already), but do you know the Load Rating for the Worx wheel you have chosen? I went to the Worx web site to see what they recommend for LC200's and found this when I plugged my 2013 LC into their configurator:

WorxWheels_04DEC17_zpsuxhgaufz.jpg

Undoubtedly you found a wheel that has 5x150 lug spacing and a 110.3mm bore that will physically bolt onto your LC200, but do you know it will be safe? If the wheel manufacturer stands behind no recommended wheel, probably not a good sign.

HTH

uh oh. thanks. tirerack and tirebuyer listed it as options. let me look into.
thanks,
andy

I don't want to be "That Guy" (maybe too late already), but do you know the Load Rating for the Worx wheel you have chosen? I went to the Worx web site to see what they recommend for LC200's and found this when I plugged my 2013 LC into their configurator:

WorxWheels_04DEC17_zpsuxhgaufz.jpg

Undoubtedly you found a wheel that has 5x150 lug spacing and a 110.3mm bore that will physically bolt onto your LC200, but do you know it will be safe? If the wheel manufacturer stands behind no recommended wheel, probably not a good sign.

HTH

I've seen that before, and if you run it through the same way for a Tundra, it works. I can only guess that a lot of wheel manufacturers see such little demand for the 200 they don't go through whatever steps necessary to see if it will work on the truck even though it most likely will if it works for the Tundra.

also, a little confused by offset and backspacing...the wheel is listed with 25mm offset, and 6.06" backspacing, i guess that just shows the offset is positve...so the oem wheel is 60mm offset, having a difficult time seeing wheel options near that.

So, load rating spec is 2,500#’s per wheel
anyone know what the oem wheel is load spec'd as?

I have not been able to find a definitive Load Rating for the OEM wheels, but what we do know is that the OEM P285/60R18 tires @ the specified inflation pressure of 33psi have a Load Limit of 2,512 pounds. This strongly implies that the wheels should have a Load Rating of at least that much. Apparently, industry Load Rating testing is a bit hit or miss, so my take is that a wheel with a published Load Rating of 2,500 pounds is probably OK. I would prefer a wheel with a higher rating, but in the absence of any published numbers for the OEM wheels it is only a preference and not a requirement at this point.

also, a little confused by offset and backspacing...the wheel is listed with 25mm offset, and 6.06" backspacing, i guess that just shows the offset is positve...so the oem wheel is 60mm offset, having a difficult time seeing wheel options near that.

There are two wheels I am familiar with that are specifically recommended for use by Toyota on the LC200 - the 18" OEM wheel(s) and the 17" TRD "Rock Warrior" wheel. The OEM 18" wheel has an offset of 60mm to align suspension geometry for the P285/60R18 tire. The 17" TRD wheel has an offset of 50mm (sticks out 10mm further than the 18" wheel) to align the geometry (and provide clearance) for the LT285/70R17 tire. A wheel with a 25mm offset will stick out 35mm (1.4" in old money) more than the OEM 18" wheel. Exactly how this will affect tire rub (clearances), suspension geometry and handling is dependent on tire size, of course, but also very likely a "try it and see" scenario. A tire that might have adequate clearance with the OEM wheel with 60mm offset may not have adequate clearance with a wheel that has 25mm offset.

HTH

thank you. my dilemma was the used LC came with 20" rims and some summer tires (bridgstone alenza 275/55/20). the wheels are a 20" TRD wheel (tundra?) i was looking for options for snow/winter tires for the vehicle and thought i'd make life easier by getting some 18" wheels at the same time...I don't have a ride quality comparison w/ OEM Wheel/tire.

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

i see how this will setup, from the above calcs, just not informed enough as to how that will affect the ride in addition to fit.

i can still return both the tires and wheels at small cost for shipping...

A

thank you both.
I already pulled the trigger, so yes committed now...will aim to get these test mounted in the next couple of weeks and give an update.

With a 25mm offset, you should be able to run 33's with minimal rubbing on mud flaps in front. Trim them a bit, or remove them and you should be good.

That's a close approximation to what stock wheels with Spidertrax 1.25" spacers would be (actually slightly more inward).
If you go bigger than 33, that offset could be an issue.

I have a 2016 with TRD pro Tundra 18 with 275/70/18. No spacers.

Almost no rubbing unless you like to lock out constantly every time you turn.

20170426_160705.jpg

Well my tires come in at just under 33" and the rubbing is at full lock in reverse on the interior sides of the bottoms of the front wheel wells. There a small wind dam piece with two screw holding it on and the tires rub on it. If I take that small dam off, I might be able to resolve the rubbing. I already took off the front mud flaps and have the OEM strut spacers installed but still have the minor rubbing. Its so minor that I bet if I had a less aggressive tread tire or a slightly thicker strut spacer, it probably wouldn't rub.

thank you. my dilemma was the used LC came with 20" rims and some summer tires (bridgstone alenza 275/55/20). the wheels are a 20" TRD wheel (tundra?) i was looking for options for snow/winter tires for the vehicle and thought i'd make life easier by getting some 18" wheels at the same time...I don't have a ride quality comparison w/ OEM Wheel/tire.

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

i see how this will setup, from the above calcs, just not informed enough as to how that will affect the ride in addition to fit.

i can still return both the tires and wheels at small cost for shipping...

A

Do you know any of the values to plug into that site?
Fender clearance
Wheelwells clearance
Suspension clearance
Scrub Radius

anyone know what these wheels are? offset? just curious, i know i could pull it and measure myself. looks like previous owner had already pulled the front mud flaps off.

031.JPG

032.JPG

033.JPG

They say TRD, but I think those are a port installed aftermarket wheel that are built to the Toyota offset specs for the SE dealers.

A number of “aftermarket” Toyota branded wheels (motor metal, BBS....etc) exist for the southeast Tundra market.
I got some from a Florida dealer I found on EBay a couple years back when we first got our 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom