255/80R17 Cooper ST MAXX: Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Hey all,
I'm running 255/75R17 (4Runner Rims) Cooper St Maxx and loving them (again, great tire). With a K9 2.2 Rack and about to put a 2.2 RTT on top, I'm about to move up from from a Stage 1 Icon to progressive springs in the rear and Icon coilovers up front. That said, I'm eyeing my old size of 255/80s once again (ran them on my old Tacoma). For those running the ST Maxx in this size, any thoughts, regrets, and/or positives? I saw they were hair under 33 by a mud poster, and that they fit in the spare. Not sure if this is other's experiences. Thanks for the info!

I ran these on my GX. I couldn't get them to fit in the spare tire location, and airing them down to make them fit was a PITA because of the E rating. I felt like they rode pretty harshly, so I went to a 34" Toyo MT (I know, big change).

I was eyeballing this size in search of something taller and narrower than my 285/70/17 Ko2s. Sounds like they aren't as tall as advertised.

I know Nitto makes a 255 80 17 which measures true to size but it's heavy.

Mine measured 32.78" unmounted and 32" at 32 psi under the GX. I am happy with them so far. They have held up well to the desert and rocks

landwagon

SILVER Star
I’ve been running these tires for about a year and think there one of the better tires I’ve ran.
They are heavy and I got a slight rub on the front mud flap before the lift. I also run 32 pounds and I’m getting good wear with a fairly quite road noise
Very happy with this tires and size.

I'm running them right now in that size, I like them a lot. Haven't had them off road much yet, but so far so good, and they look great under the GX.

Ridge grappler is 33.3" tall.
I run Toyo Open County II 33.1" tall 50 lbs each. This sukker are heavy.

Would not fit stock spare location in my 2" lifted KDSS equipped GX.

E rated definetly stiff if your suspension is stiffer than stock comfort setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom